Chilli chicken is an indo chinese version of making chicken which has become quite popular in India. It has been posted along with a video procedure.
It is basically found on streets of india in every fast food centre. I have made exactly the street food version of the recipe which is more than delcious and something that can be made at home.
Check out other indian chicken dishes:
- chicken kurma
- chicken keema
- chicken pakora
- chicken liver fry
- chicken 65
- hyderabadi chicken biryani
- chicken fry recipe
- chicken spring rolls
Indo chinese has become a favorite cuisine for many Indians and they regularly visit restaurants to enjoy this cuisine and nothing can be better than making the same dishes at home and having them.
It is totally a different recipe where we make use of different sauces and we do not use any common basic indian ingredients other than dry spices.
Its made usually across indian streets but we all love to try the indo chinese cusines at home and I thought of sharing them at my blog bringing to my blog readers the best of restaurant versions…
Chilli chicken is made by deep frying chicken and then sauteing in some different spices and sauces. Here I have made use of soya sauce, red chilli sauce which gives a very delicious flavor to the chicken.
Into the chilli chicken we also add green chillies, onion and capsicum cubes which completely lift the flavors of the chicken.
It has a texture of dry chilli chicken which I have showed in the video however, if we want to make gravy kind of chilli chicken, follow the same procedure but increase the quantity of corn starch, soya sauce and add some more water which gives a little gravy to the chilli chicken.
This dry chilli chicken tastes best eating with a roomali roti or any roti recipe or we can have it plain.
Below are the recipe details on how to make chilli chicken dry recipe with detailed steps and video procedure.
Video procedure for chilli chicken:
How to make chilli chicken:
- 200 gms boneless chicken cut into small pieces and washed well
- 7 tsp maida/all purpose flour
- 3 tsp corn flour
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1//2 tsp soya sauce(dark)
- ½ tsp vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp very finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp very finely chopped ginger
- 5-6 vertically slit green chillies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 green capsicum, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- corn flour paste(1 tsp corn flour mixed with 3 tsp water)
- red chilli paste(1/2 tsp red chilli powder mixed with 2 tsp water)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp spring onion green
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, add boneless chicken, add maida, corn flour, salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, beaten egg, soya sauce, vinegar, mix well.
- Add some water and mix well again.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes before deep frying.
- In a wok add oil for deep frying and heat it.
- Drop the marinated chicken pieces and fry the chicken pieces on low to medium flame until they turn crisp golden color.
- Take them out and place them on a tissue paper for further use.
- In a wok/pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add finely chopped garlic and finely chopped ginger.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add vertically slit green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add one finely chopped onion and saute till onions turn soft.
- Add onion and green capsicum which have been cut into cubes.
- Saute and cook for 2-3 minutes until they turn soft on high flame.
- Reduce the flame and add red chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, salt, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Saute for about two minutes on low flame.
- Add corn flour paste, red chilli paste, water and mix up well.
- Add fried chicken pieces and cook the chilli chicken for few minutes until thick gravy is observed.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and chopped coriander leaves, mix well.
- Serve hot with roti or enjoy as a starter.
- Watch the video for chilli chicken above.
2.Also add more water to get a thick gravy while sauteing.
3.If spicy chilli chicken is preferred then increase the quantity of green chillies in the chicken.