Cucumber Raita Recipe is the most refreshing raita recipe made with kheera and yogurt. Its a cool side dish usually served along with biryani recipes both veg and non veg.
Other raita recipes are onion raita, boondi raita , carrot raita that can be tried from the blog...
The raita can be made in many other ways and this is the simplest form of making raita wich goes as a perfect side dish with pulao or biryani recipes.
The raitas are a great accompaniment to parathas as well and the raita such as this kheera raita should always be eaten fresh as the curd tends to turn sour if stored for a long time and does not taste good with any main dish.
Cucumber raita is usually known as kheera raita and is mostly served in wedding ceremonies along with spicy rice delicacies or tastes good even with plain rice...
The kheera is usually eaten as it keeps us cool and in summers we find cucumbers everywhere and they are usually eaten by sprinkling salt on it and they go very well in salads too.
The kheera raita is so simple, easy and is a perfect side dish to various rice delicacies and loved by both vegetarians and non vegetarians.
The raita takes in very few ingredients like onions and fresh herbs like coriander leaves and mint leaves and can be made with many variations but the raita takes in common ingredients like onions and herbs.
The cucumber raita or the kheera raita is the quickest in making and can be made in few minutes.
It is the simplest and coolest recipe and every raita recipe can be made instantly if the main ingredient is available handy.
Raitas are usually made to keep the tummy cool after eating spicy food and it can also be eaten plain without any main dish.
Below are the recipe details on kheera raita recipe.
How to make cucumber raita recipe:
Cucumber Raita Recipe, Kheera Raita
- 2 cups yogurt
- 4 tbsp cucumber/kheera peeled and chopped very finely
- 3 tbsp very finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped very finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped green chillies
- 1 medium size onion very finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- a pinch of cumin powder optional
- Firstly, take a bowl and add yogurt into it.
- Beat the yogurt well with a beater until there are no lumps.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add all the chopped ingredients such as chopped kheera/cucumber, chopped onions, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves.
- Add a pinch of cumin powder if required.
- Mix all the ingredients carefully with the yogurt.
- Check the taste for salt and add if required.
- Serve the raita with rice or biryani!!!