Egg kurma recipe is a delicious gravy recipe of tomato korma and boiled eggs simmered into it. This egg kurma tastes good with plain rice or mainly bagara rice and a perfect dish to make during any occasions too.
Try this special egg curry with various rice recipes...
Related egg recipes to try out:
In this recipe I have used onions and tomatoes as the base for the korma or kuruma but, the richness that comes to the kurma is due to nutty paste that goes into the recipe while going ahead in the making procedure.
There are many many egg varieties that can be tried and this egg kurma is a special combination with bagara rice as well as can be tried with egg pulao recipe too...
I usually love to make various recipes made out of boiled eggs and curries and this particular one is often made at home and I am now finally posting this special kurma recipe that goes perfect with boiled eggs and rice...
Egg is a wonderful ingredient and it can be used as a main ingredient to make various recipes... I often try to innovate various egg recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinners..
Egg is a staple food at home and I keep on trying egg masalas, egg kurmas, egg curries or egg fries in different ways... Eggs go very well with rice and side dishes if they are roasted or fried well...
But here, in this post I have chosen to make a gravy style kurma made using tomatoes, coconut, almonds and cashews...This egg kurma version goes perfectly with pulao recipes or any special rice delicacy... This egg kurma masala is also referred to as muttai kurma or mutta kurma in south indian region...
Egg kurma can be tried in many ways and the main ingredient that brings out korma like gravy is coconut and dry fruits paste...Adding such rich and nutritious ingredients makes the dish a special, rich flavored delicacy which can go perfect even for the occasions...
This egg kurma is a thick gravy and we can also make it into a consistency we prefer...The recipe requires few ingredients mainly onions and tomatoes and to get the kurma like gravy we are using paste of dry fruits and coconut paste...
Kurma recipes are incomplete without these rich nutty ingredients... The boiled eggs should be added while cooking the gravy and we can also opt to add fried eggs into the egg kurma which enhances the taste even more...
If we would like to try out something special with eggs then this kurma curry surely is a do try recipe which has rich onion tomato nuts kurma gravy which goes perfect with any rice variety...
Below are the recipe details on how to make this korma with eggs...
How to make egg kurma recipe or egg korma gravy:
Egg Kurma Recipe or Egg Korma, Muttai Kurma
- 3-4 boiled eggs peeled
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3-4 medium size onions finely sliced
- 3-4 slit green chillies
- 1 teaspoon full ginger garlic paste
- 6-7 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- salt - as per taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut paste
- 1 tablespoon almond paste
- 1 tablespoon cashewnut paste
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon roasted coriander seeds powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corn powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- Firstly, in a cooking vessel, add in oil and heat it.
- Add slit green chillies too.
- Add finely sliced onions and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add in finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix and cook tomatoes until soft.
- Add coconut paste, almond paste, cashewnuts paste, mix well and cook until the masala is cooked well.
- Cook until oil appears at the sides and corners.
- Add water as per the thickness of the gravy is preferred(approx... 3 cups).
- Add in some fresh coriander leaves, roasted coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, black pepper corn powder and mix well.
- Add the peeled boiled eggs into it.
- Put on low flame, cover the lid and cook the egg kurma curry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice!!!
2.After adding water check the taste of salt and add if required...
Have you tried or liked this recipe? If yes, then do drop your comments below and give us your feedback and also if you have any queries then do ask your questions in the comments section regarding the recipe and I shall try to reply your queries as soon as possible…