Fruit custard is a delicious chilled dessert made using custard and mixed fruits. This is a very special dessert commonly made in hyderabad.
It is also a popular dessert all over India. I have made a video recipe of this mixed fruit custard by making custard using custard powder and a mix of seasonal fruits…
Also check out some exciting cake recipes such as cooker cake and other cake recipes which are simple sweet recipes that act as a great idea to serve to the guests during occasions.
We usually make this chilled dessert during summer and also during the month of ramadan…
To make this recipe we need to use custard powder, milk and fruits. Custard paste is made and added to the boiled milk. The custard should be made very carefully as the custard tends to form lumps if not made with proper instructions…
This recipe tastes good if there are no lumps formed in the custard.
In my video recipe I have shown the correct way of making custard without lumps in the custard.
This is the most simplest dessert recipe made if there is custard powder and milk available at home and favorite fruits can be added into it.
The mixed fruit custard made should never be too thin and its consistency should not be too thick…
This dessert making is very easy and can be made even for occasions as a special dessert recipe…
Follow the instructions carefully as mentioned while making this dessert recipe…
First I shall show the procedure for making custard with milk then we need to add some chopped fruits.
The custard needs to be chilled in refrigerator and while serving, fruits should be finely chopped or sliced and then added to the chilled custard.
If fruits are added into the custard and stored for more than a day then, some fruits tend to leave water and spoil the whole dessert.
Below are the detailed instructions and video procedure to make the dessert…
Video procedure for mixed fruit custard:
How to make fruit custard recipe:
Fruit Custard Recipe Mixed, Custard with custard powder
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milkmaid/condensed milk
For custard paste:
- 4 tbsp custard powder
- 6 tbsp milk
Fruits to be added:
- apples peeled and finely sliced
- pomegranate seeds
- bananas peeled and finely sliced
- also add other favorite seasonal fruits by chopping/slicing finely optional
- Firstly, in a sauce pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring for few minutes on medium flame.
- Add sugar and keep stirring for few minutes.
- Add milkmaid and stir well.
- Low down the flame.
- In a small bowl, add custard powder and add milk, mix the powder and milk well like a paste/batter until no lumps are formed.
- Gradually keep stirring the milk and add the custard paste while stirring.
- Keep stirring for few seconds.
- Boil the custard for about 2 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Custard is ready.
- Switch off the flame.
- Chill the custard in refrigerator for few hours.
- Add any seasonal favorite chopped fruits in a dessert bowl.
- Add chilled custard all over the fruits.
- Mix it well.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and enjoy!!!
2.Always low down the flame while adding custard paste and keep stirring while adding the custard paste in order to avoid lumps.
3.Always add chopped fruits while serving the dessert.
4.Finely sliced/chopped dry fruits too can be added while serving.
5.Store the custard in refrigerator and chilli it and add fruits while serving it.