Gobi 65 is a snack as well as starter recipe made using gobi florets by deep frying them in oil. Cauliflower 65 is made by coating gobi florets in maida and corn flour batter and then deep fried.
The gobi can then be given some aromatic tempering of chillies and curry leaves.
This is actually a veg version mainly made for vegetarians.
It is a very quick and east snack recipe mostly liked by every kid as an evening snack. It is also liked by every vegetarian and can be made during occasions too.
I have made a non veg version of this recipe that is chicken 65 but, after making that I thought of making it with veggies too.
It is a very popular street food recipe found across Indian streets all across our country.
Steps to follow before making cauliflower or gobi 65:
Here in this recipe, the florets are blanched well in water. The florets are then strained to remove water content from it. The florets should then be dipped in maida corn flour batter and deep fried.
Giving a tempering to the recipe is totally optional.
It can also be made as a gobi fry or cauliflower fry. It is commonly seen on hyderabadi streets as well.
Indo chinese cuisine is mostly loved by everyone but, this recipe is actually not an indo chinese variety but has been discovered for the people who love to eat veg versions of indo chinese cuisine.
Here, I have added red food color for good attractive appeal, but its totally optional to add red color into it. This recipe can be eaten plain as a snack and starter recipe.
Below are the recipe details to make this delicious snack using gobi vegetable.
Video procedure to make gobi 65:
How to make gobi 65 or cauliflower 65:
gobi 65 recipe | cauliflower 65 | gobi fry
For making gobi 65 batter:
- 12-15 gobi florets/cauliflower florets
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red food color
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 5 vertically slit green chillies
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon beaten yogurt
- salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- red food color - a pinch
- oil for deep frying
Blanch the cauliflower florets:
- Boil water and add the gobi florets into it.
- Blanch the florets into it for few minutes.
- Strain the florets out without any water content.
Making of gobi 65 batter:
- Firstly, in a bowl, add maida/all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, red food color, ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well.
- Add water and make a semi thick batter without any lumps.
- Dip the florets into the batter, mix and coat the florets well with the batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop coated gobi florets one by one into the heated oil.
- While adding florets, drop them maintaining distance between each floret as they tend to stick to each other if not dropped maintaining distance.
- Deep fry them until they turn crispy golden color.
- Take the florets out on a plate.
- Take a wok, add oil into it and heat it.
- Into it add crushed garlic.
- Add slit green chillies, curry leaves and saute well.
- Add beaten yogurt, add salt, red chilli powder, red food color and mix well.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Add the deep fried gobi florets, mix and saute well for few minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice all over for a better taste.
- Serve them hot.
- Video procedure above.
2.Cut the florets into small size rather than large florets.
3.Florets should be dropped in oil maintaining a distance.
4.Do not add too much of yogurt in tadka as they tend to become soft and they will lose their crispy texture.