Kiwi juice is one of the interesting beverages that is highly asked for among all other fruit juices. This is said to be one of the best fruits that can be eaten often.
Other juice recipes on the blog to be checked and relished are aam panna again a healthy drink and good for stomach too, mango juice, watermelon juice, strawberry juice, beetroot juice, carrot juice , falooda recipe etc…
I personally prefer drinking lots and lots of fruit juices especially during summers and now in India we see scorching heat that gives us the best chance to have and try out this drink.
It was once hard to find kiwi across the world as it is highly grown in New Zealand and sold. Now kiwi is easily available in almost all parts of the world such as India, USA and across other countries too…
How does kiwi appear?
The fruit is slightly round and sometimes very slightly elongated in shape with light brown color. When the fruit is touched it tends to have slight rough and little hairy feeling like texture from the outside and when the skin is peeled the fruit appears light green in color. The fruit has very tiny black seeds at the centre and the seeds need not to be removed and can be consumed directly along with the fruit.
Taste of the kiwi fruit as well as the fruit juice:
The taste depends on the quality of the fruit as well as how ripe the fruits it. If the fruit is not fully ripe, then it tastes sour and additional ingredients need to be added for a yummy kiwi juice.
If the fruit tastes sweet, it can be eaten directly by peeling the kiwi, cutting it into round slices and consuming the fruit directly.
Cost of kiwis?
Kiwis are usually sold as single numbers and each kiwi costs somewhere around Rs.25 to 30 in India and if the fruit is imported in huge quantity then we can expect its cost to be cheaper than mentioned above.
Since kiwi is a bit expensive fruit one must take utmost care while selecting the fruit at the time of buying. Do not buy the fruit which is too spongy as the fruit might be in its rotten state and therefore buying a fresh, firm kiwi fruit is highly essential for a better taste in the juice.
How to make kiwi juice:
The juice can be simply made by peeling the fruit, making slices of the kiwi, blending the juice directly by adding sugar/honey, ice cubes and some water.
Variations that can be done to the juice:
The juice can be combined with other fruits like strawberry, apple, banana, pomegranate, orange and also with other fruits and can be made into an amazing cocktail.
One must find it tough to eat this fruit as it can sometimes taste sour and sometimes sweet and that can be known only while we start eating the fruit…Therefore, it is best to know their benefits and start including this amazing fruit in our diet in any form such as a salad or as a juice or smoothie.
Benefits of eating kiwi:
- Kiwi is a wonderful skin radiant and including kiwi in our daily diet gives a beautiful and glowing skin.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of cancer.
- It is an amazing source of Vitamin C and I suggest to have this fruit as often as possible which keeps our skin fresh and healthy.
Below are the recipe details and also very soon a video too shall be posted for this simply wow and yummy kiwi juice.
Kiwi Juice making procedure:
Kiwi Juice Recipe, Fresh Kiwi Fruit Juice
- 3 kiwi
- 4-5 ice cubes or a handful
- 1.5 tsp sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Peel the kiwi fruit well with the help of a peeler.
- Make small slices of the fruit with a knife.
- Add the slices of the kiwi into a juice blender.
- Add ice cubes, sugar/honey, little water.
- Blend the juice finely.
- Take serving glasses and pour the juice directly without straining.
- Garnish the juice with round slices of kiwi over the juice.
- Serve the juice chilled and fresh.
- Consume the drink fresh as it tastes much better when consumed fresh.
- It is extremely healthy to include kiwi in daily diet.
- Adding honey to the juice is more healthier than adding sugar.
- The option of adding honey or sugar is left to each individual and I suggest to go for a more healthy option that is honey.
- Adding honey or sugar is necessary as the juice slightly tastes sour if not added.