Onion Pakoda Recipe or onion fritters is definitely a favorite snack for everyone. Pakodas are usually deep fried fritters which are eaten as a snack item.
Pakoda with onions or pyaz pakora are usually deep fried with chick pea flour or besan coating. Onion Pakodas are crispy and crunchy and the onions into it give an amazing taste to the pakodas.
Onion Pakoda recipe is made with besan batter and lots of onions go into it with few spices. These are the pakodas that I always like to make. Pakodas are again deep fried fritters which can be made with any kind of lentils like urad dal, moong dal, chana dal, besan/chick pea flour etc…
Onion Pakoda or onion pakora is also called as ‘Kanda Bhaji’ in Maharashtra region and is a popular snack throughout Maharashtra. They can also be called as ‘Pyaz Ka Pakoda/pakora’. The combination of onions and the chick pea flour also called as besan gives a wonderful taste and to get the crispy taste we can also add rice flour.
Pakodas are usually eaten during evenings or as tea time snacks or during winters or rainy or when we feel like eating any kind of snacks. Pakoda or Bajji are popular snack items in India.
Indians love to try different pakora recipes and are almost liked by everyone. In india finding onion pakoda being sold on the streets is a very common sight. During winters or rainy people tend to eat hot hot pakodas along with tea.
I have already posted palak pakoda, aloo pakoda but onion pakoda recipe is something which one can never resist to eat. The ingredients that go into it gives an interesting aroma and taste.
I would love to make different pakodas and I shall be updating my blog with various pakoda recipes. Pakodas or pakoras can go with any dip or green chutney or sauce or ketchup etc…
Eating road side food is not preferable and its better to make them at home and relish eating all these snack items. They are easy to make and can be prepared within minutes and enjoy homemade food.
Onion Pakoda Recipe Below:
Onion Pakoda Recipe, Onion Pakora Recipe, Kanda Bhaji
- 1 cup besan chick pea flour
- 3 - 4 medium sized onions cut lengthwise
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 - 3 green chillies very finely chopped
- 5 - 6 curry leaves very finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly in a mixing bowl, add onions, chopped green chillies, chopped curry leaves.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Add coriander leaves, add coriander seeds etc.
- Mix the whole mixture well.
- Gradually keep adding besan and keep mixing.
- Also add more besan if required.
- Sprinkle water drops and give a mix(Add more drops if needed).
- Do not make a thick dough.
- Keep the mix very loose.
- Make sure the onions are coated well with the flour.
- Heat oil in a wok and drop the small portions of the mixture in oil.
- Deep fry on sim flame to medium flame until we get golden brown color on all sides.
- Take them out of the oil and serve it on an absorbent paper.
- Serve with green dips or ketchup or sauce.
2.Inorder to get crunchy taste add 1 tbsp rice flour too as an optional ingredient.
3.Do not add excess water to the mixture. We just need to sprinkle water over the flour mixture and mix.