Onion Samosa Recipe is a mini samosa recipe made using spring roll pastry or spring roll sheets and is a very popular hyderabadi mini samosa which is usually accompanied with tea in Hyderabad.
Also try other various snacks recipes for evenings such as shankarpali, mysore bonda, punugulu, rava dosa, pesarattu, mirchi bajji, masala vada, aloo poha , samosa recipe punjabi with aloo filling , gobi 65
The wrappers are used to give the best and crunchy taste to the samosa which are usually available in markets. These samosas have been made step by step using homemade spring roll wrappers but we usually get spring roll pastry in markets which are readily available to stuff and deep fry.
This is a very easy recipe if we get to know how to make a cone shape or a traingle shape pastry and into it a stuffing or filling is added which could be veg filling or chicken filling or onion filling or keema filling and the pastries are deep fried in oil.
This onion samosa recipe requires quite a few ingredients as the filling and the key ingredient is chopped onions and samosa pastry.
In hyderabad we usually find them in restaurants or tea stalls where these samosas are served along with irani chai. They go really well with tea.
This snack item is a huge hit down south and we all crave for various snacks be it savory or sweet recipes and below are the instructions on how to make onion samosa which is a big favorite with the kids.
How to make onion samosa recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- salt - to taste
- water for kneading the batter
- 2 onions, medium size very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped green chillies
- salt - to taste
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp chaat masala powder
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds powder
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds powder
- maida mixed in water/corn flour paste to seal the samosa
- oil for deep frying
- Take a bowl, into it, add all purpose flour, corn flour, salt to taste, mix it well.
- Add water and mix the batter well until no lumps are formed.
- Heat the tawa, take a ladle full of batter.
- Drop the batter at the centre.
- Spread the crepes circularly immediately.
- After few seconds remove the crepes from the tawa.
- Cut the crepes in the shape of a semicircle.
- Take a bowl, into it, add very finely chopped onions.
- Add very finely chopped coriander leaves and chopped green chillies.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add chaat masala powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder.
- Mix the whole ingredients and keep this filling aside.
- Take each semi circle pastry, fold the pastry/wrapper in the form of a triangle or cone.
- Fill the pockets with onion filling.
- Seal the samosa with the maida/corn flour paste/water.
- Heat oil in a wok to deep fry.
- Drop the samosas into the oil.
- Fry the samosas until golden brown on medium flame.
- Remove them and place them on a tissue/absorbent paper.
- Serve the samosas with sauce or ketchup or tea.