Paneer tikka masala, a mouthwatering gravy recipe made using paneer cubes and a very shiny onion tomato gravy along with some cashew nuts and creamy gravy. This recipe is a gravy masala which can be served with roti recipe, aloo paratha, naan or poori.
The masala is a restaurant like masala which uses good number of spices and some cream that gives a good shine to the gravy and looks good in appearance too.
For other masala paneer recipes or veg recipes do check out paneer butter masala, matar paneer , chilli paneer, palak paneer etc...
The masala gravy has a good aroma that comes due to adding fenugreek leaves or kasoori methi which is a good aromatic ingredient which completes the dish.
It is a very popular north indian dish mostly found in north india and in several occasions of northern India and a popular menu item in veg restaurants.
Paneer is a very healthy ingredient that has got lots of proteins in it and can be used to make several recipes which are very restaurant like flavors in taste and not only gravies but paneer can be used to make several other main course recipes too.
Also check out various paneer recipes from my blog if one is looking for gravy paneer recipes and if looking to make paneer rice recipes then do check out paneer pulao.
Do check out the delicious paneer tikka masala recipe with the gravy made and added to paneer tikka pieces.
Paneer has lots of health benefits and it is a dairy product which has got high amount of protein and these have good amount of calcium which is good for bones.
Here the paneer tikka is not made in oven or tandoor but it has been simplified by making paneer tikka on the tawa and the outcome of the paneer tikka is as good as the dhaba style.
The paneer cubes are marinated by using curd and spices and it has a pleasant aroma because of kasoori methi added into it.
Do check out the recipe for paneer tikka masala gravy below.
paneer tikka masala recipe, paneer tikka masala gravy
For paneer tikka marination:
- 200 gms paneer cut into square shape
- 4 teaspoon yogurt/curd
- salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon kasoori methi
- ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoon oil
For making paneer tikka:
- 2-3 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum cut into cubes
- 1 to mato cut into cubes
For making paneer tikka masala:
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 to matoes made into a puree
- salt to taste
- ½ red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 12-15 cashewnuts soaked and made into a fine paste
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoon cream
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder and some crushed kasoori methi for garnishing
- add 1 bunch of freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Step 1(Making of paneer tikka):
- In a bowl, add yogurt, add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, kasoori methi, lemon extracted juice, oil, mix the whole marinade and add the paneer cubes into it.
- Mix the paneer cubes delicately with the spice mix.
- Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Take a pan, into it add 2 teaspoon oil and heat it.
- Add all the marinated paneer cubes into the pan,
- Place the cubes leaving gaps between each paneer cube.
- Cook the down side for 8 minutes on low flame.
- Flip and cook the other side too for 6-8 minutes on low flame.
- Take them out on a plate and rest aside for later use.
Step 2 (Sauteing of onion, tomato and capsicum):
- In a pan add 1 teaspoon oil and heat it.
- Add the onion cubes, capsicum cubes and tomato cubes into it, saute them for 5-6 minues on low flame.
- Take them out in a bowl and put aside.
Making of paneer tikka masala gravy:
- In a wok, add 2 tablespoon oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds/jeera and let them crackle.
- Add the finely chopped onions into it and cook well until the onions turn slightly golden color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes to get rid of raw smell.
- Add the tomato puree into it, mix it well.
- Cook the gravy until oil leaves the sides.
- Add cashewnut paste into the garvy, mix well and cook on low flame until oil leaves the sides.
- Add chopped green chillies, one and a half cup water, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cream into it, add the paneer tikka pieces, add the sauteed onion capsicum and tomato cubes.
- Add salt as per taste, add garam masala powder, some crushed kasoori methi for garnishing.
- Give a mix and cook until oil starts separating.
- Paneer tikka masala is ready to be served.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha or roti.
I like more Paneer Tikka Masala