Shankarpali recipe is a snack recipe with a sweet flavor into it. It is almost like a diamond cuts recipe but this delicious sweet recipe is always a favorite in the region of maharashtra...
Check out interesting snacks recipes such as maggi noodles recipe, masala corn.
It is a very simple recipe with very few ingredients and is also made with maida(all purpose flour) which is usually used to make snacks...
This is a very quick recipe and so yummy and sweet that it is a best snack for kids and also can be made as a diwali snack.... I would love to update with so many snack recipes for my blog readers...
Snacks are a wonderful way to enjoy our evenings and if these are quickly made snack recipes then what better way can it be to satisfy kids...
This shankarpali recipe is one of my favorite snack recipes as it tastes very crunchy and also added into it is ghee which makes the snack a crunchy one or we can call it as khasta...
They usually appear in diamond shapes and if one wishes to then they can be made in any other shape but it looks good in diamond shapes...
It only requires making dough but, if the dough made is right then half of the work is done... The recipe can be made in a couple of minutes....
This is a maida snack recipe which is perfect during tea time and something that can be made and stored in airtight containers...
Without much ado lets quickly get into the details of making shankarpali recipe which is a popular maharashtrian snack recipe...
How to make shankarpali recipe below:
Shankarpali Recipe Sweet or Shakkar Para Recipe
- 1 ½ cup maida all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon ghee clarified butter
- 1 cup water
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, take a sauce pan and heat it, into it, add ghee, add sugar into it, add water and melt all the ingredients into a thin liquid.
- Cool down the liquid for few seconds.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add maida flour and mix the flour well with the melted liquid.
- The whole flour should be well mixed with the liquid.
- Knead the dough well and make a thick and soft dough.
- Divide the dough into medium sized portions.
- Take each portion and make a round ball.
- Dust some flour on the rolling board.
- Roll it out like a chapati/roti.
- Take a cutter and cut it into small diamonds.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the cut diamonds and deep fry them until they turn slight golden color.
- Remove them from oil.
- Place them on a tissue paper to extract excess oil.
- Serve with tea!!!
2.The main ingredient to this recipe is ghee and adding it gives the recipe a very khasta texture to the recipe.
3.Add the liquid gradually and do not add all the melted liquid at once while kneading.
4.Add sugar as per the sweetness preferred.
Leave a Reply