Tomato pickle recipe is a south indian style kind of pickle recipe made using chopped tomatoes which can be made instantly and quickly and stored.
Watch the video procedure below for making instant tomato pickle.
This is a typical guntur style pickle recipe which can be made in a couple of minutes and it tastes awesome and amazing…
Check out tomato recipes below:
The tomato pickle goes very well with rice and it does not require any patience to make the pickle. The pickle recipe is so easy and can be made very quickly.
Summer time is the best time to make pickles as they require hot sun to form into a delicious pickle but this particular tomato pickle recipe is so quick in making and can be made in any season and stored.
The recipe does not take too many ingredients and the key ingredients are tomatoes, tamarind and garlic which are easily available in our indian kitchens.
Tomato pickle here in this post is shown in detail with a step by step procedure with the help of a video and can be made very instantly.
Since this is an instant pickle, I have not added any preservatives to store it for a long time. This pickle can last upto 4-5 days if stored airtight in refrigerator without adding any preservative.
However, salt, oil, turmeric powder act as natural preservatives which help in storing these pickles for a long time.
The tempering in the end of the recipe gives the pickle an aromatic flavor and it is very irresistible.
Do check out the recipe of tomato pickle or tomato pachadi recipe which is made in traditional andhra style method and also watch the video below for a better understanding.
How To Make Tomato Pickle Recipe Below:
Tomato Pickle Recipe Andhra Style or Tomato Pachadi
- 1/2 kg tomatoes washed properly wipe them dry and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 6-7 small pieces of tamarind/small lemon size tamarind
- salt - to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted fenugreek seeds powder+roasted mustard seeds powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal/split black gram
- 1 tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 5-6 dried red chillies
- 8-10 curry leaves
For cooking tomato pickle:
- Firstly, take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add garlic cloves into it and saute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook till they turn soft.
- Add tamarind, mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Cool the whole mixture.
- In a blender, add the mixture, add salt, add red chilli powder, add roasted methi seeds and mustard seeds powder.
- Blend the tomato mixture into a smooth paste.
For the tempering:
- In a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and allow them to pop up.
- Add urad dal/split black gram and stir well.
- Add chana dal and saute well.
- Add dried red chillies and stir well.
- Add fresh curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Add this tadka/tempering into the pickle and mix well.
- Enjoy it with dal and rice/ Store it in an air tight container and use it when required.