Turai Ki Sabzi is a ridge gourd curry . It is a wonderful curry made with ridge gourd which is called as 'turai' in hindi and this is a simple veg curry. It tastes really well and goes well with rice and rotis/chapathis as well.
Related sabzi recipes:
This Sabzi, Turai recipe is made very quickly just by adding few ingredients into it. It takes time to peel off the skin and cut the veggie but when cooked we feel the hard work that has gone into cutting the veggie is paid off.
A very important point that should be noticed while making this Turai Ki Sabzi, Turai recipe is nothing but we need to taste the turai or ridge gourd while peeling the skin and cutting.
Taste the inside part of the turai and if it tastes bitter then that turai should not be used. Only turai which does not give a bitter taste should be used in making the Turai Ki Sabzi, Turai recipe.
In this recipe I have used only onions and I must tell you that this rare vegetable which is not preferred always is a must try recipe. One can eat it with roti during breakfasts and can also use it with rice.
My blog is now filled up with many common veg curries for beginners to learn such as aloo baingan, aloo fry, bhindi fry, mixed veg curry, beans ka salan, bhindi ka salan. Today's veg curry is very delicious recipe. Let's take a look into the detailed Turai Ki Sabzi which is mentioned below.
Turai Ki Sabzi, Turai Recipe
- ½ kg ridge gourd or turai peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add turai which is cut into pieces and washed well, add the sliced onions.
- Add the salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Mix it well and cook until turai gets soft.
- Keep checking and when oil starts appearing that says the curry is done well and perfect to be served.
- Lastly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Leave a Reply