Palak sabji recipe is a basic sabji recipe made with spinach or palak leaves and is a very quick and simple recipe for beginners. It is as popular and common as aloo sabzi in India.
Do check out more palak recipes:
Palak sabji is the most common side dish made to eat with flat breads like roti or it can also be eaten with rice recipes .
Palak ki sabzi which is posted here takes very few ingredients without any masala and tastes delicious. It is perfect with plain rice and works wonders with rotis too.
Other sabzi recipes that should be served with chapati are methi bhaji, aloo gobhi ki sabji, cauliflower sabzi etc...
Spinach is good for health and it has got lots of iron in it which should be included in regualr diet in any form and it can also be used to make many salads which is again a very healthy option.
Palak or spinach has got huge health benefits and making it in any form is very healthy and there are many varieties of palak recipes that can be made with many variations.
I would like to post many simple recipes for beginners and sabzi recipes are mostly made as daily dishes in every household. I have used onions in this recipe but if one does not like to use onions then do skip the ingredient.
Palak ki sabzi actually tastes good if onions are used and palak is also made using tomatoes which shall be updated in my other palak posts.
Let us check out this wonderful palak sabji/sabzi recipe which is an easy to do recipe as a roti side dish...
Check out the recipe steps below and make this easy and quick spinach recipe in 10 minutes.
How To Make Palak Sabji Recipe Below:
Palak Sabji Recipe or Palak Ki Sabzi
- 7-8 bunches of palak/spinach leaves finely chopped and washed
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 medium size onions finely sliced
- 2-3 vertically slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder haldi
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions into it, add slit green chillies too.
- Saute it until the onions get soft.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and mix them well.
- Gather the leaves together by cooking them.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder into it.
- Add turmeric powder into it.
- Add chopped coriander leaves into the sabzi.
- Mix the sabji well, cover the lid and cook it until the palak gets soft for about 15 minutes.
- When palak gets soft and cooked, switch off the flame.
- Serve it with roti!!!
nice , but if u have some palak recipe with lots of tomatos .then please show me
Sure I will share some more recipes with palak and tomatoes..Thank you
do we have to add water before cooking it or to be cooked only in oil. how to keep palak color green are we supposed to add lemon juice
Please do not add water as spinach leaves release water by themselves... If you want to retain its green color then do not overcook the palak.