Cabbage pakoda or cabbage bhajiya is a winter rainy delicious snack recipe which is in the form of deep fried fritters…
Cabbage pakora is something that can be tried during cold evenings and have it with a cup of tea.
The shredded cabbage that is used gives the texture of the onion pakoda and it can be made instantly and does not take time to make the fritters.
Cabbage in hindi or urdu is termed as patta gobi and is widely used in gravy recipes, manchurian recipes, rice recipes and curries…
These bhajiya has rough texture from outside and it does not need any chutney. It can be finished plain without any dips or chutneys…
This is a perfect Ramadan iftar snack recipe and is quite simple in making. All we need is cabbage, few shredded onions, dry spices and oil for deep frying.
I have made this during iftar time and it simply tastes yummy. I would suggest my readers to try this cabbage pakoda recipe and do give us your feedback…
other recipe collections:
Given below are the procedure details for making this pakoda which is similar to onion pakoda and other pakodas…
Tha batter consistency for the cabbage pakoda should never be too thin and it should be a bit thick without any water added as shown in the pics below…
Cabbage pakoda batter ingredients pic below:
Cabbage pakoda batter after mixing:
How to make cabbage pakoda or bhajiya below:
- 2 medium size bowls of shredded cabbage
- 1 medium size onion very finely sliced or shredded
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 6 tbsp besan/chickpea flour
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ tsp dhania powder/roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp oil
- cooking soda - a pinch
- ½ tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1 tbsp water appox... to knead the pakoda batter
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add the shredded cabbage, add the shredded onions, rice flour, chick pea flour/besan.
- Into it add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, cooking soda.
- Also add carom seeds/ajwain, 1 tsp oil and knead the mixture well with hands.
- Add or sprinkle few drops of water and knead well.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Take a portion of the cabbage pakoda batter with the help of fingers, press and flatten a bit and drop them in oil one by one.
- Deep fry them until golden brown on all sides.
- Take the fried pakodas out.
- Serve them on a tissue paper.
- Serve them hot with tea or chutney!!!
2.Always sprinkle water in the form of drops and knead.
3.Adding water in more quantity spoils the texture of the pakodas.
4.Adding rice flour gives crispy touch to the pakoda.