Egg roast is a masala egg recipe in which eggs are nicely roasted in onion tomato gravy. This is a kerala style mutta roast where eggs are boiled, peeled and cooked in the masala gravy.
This is usually called as nadan mutta roast in some parts of south india and the gravy made is a spicy onion tomato gravy into which few spices are added and cooked well…
This is a very simple and easy dish that can be served with rice and this can be made instantly with just few ingredients available at home.
Mutta is nothing but egg in southern parts of india and is also referred to as guddu in telugu and anda in hindi.
Eggs can be fried, roasted in many many ways and I have shared one version of making it which is a very yummy method of roasting the eggs.
The spicy flavor is obtained by adding black pepper corn powder into the onion tomato masala gravy.
Egg recipes are quite common at home and I like to make various variations using egg as non vegetarians prefer eggs as their favorite next to chicken and mutton.
Eggs are eaten commonly at home and just making one kind of a dish every time gets boring therefore, I tend to make eggs with many variations which is liked by my whole family.
Hope my readers love to make this simple egg roast recipe and treat their families with egg dishes from my blog.
I would also like to update many more egg special recipes in the coming days as I continue blogging.
Let us get into the details of making this amazing masala egg roast recipe and also I have shared a video procedure to understand the roast recipe clearly with detailed steps in the video.
Video procedure for mutta roast:
Egg Roast, Nadan Mutta Roast:
- 4 eggs boiled and peeled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium size onions, very finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp black pepper corn powder
- ½ cup water
- Firstly boil eggs, peel them and set aside.
- Take a pan/wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add very finely chopped onions and cook till soft.
- Add curry leaves and cook till the onions turn golden color.
- Into it add finely chopped tomato and mix.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black pepper corn powder into it and mix well.
- Cook until the tomatoes turn soft, mushy and until oil appears at the corners.
- Add some water and cook for few minutes.
- Add boiled and peeled eggs into the gravy by slitting the eggs slightly.
- Cook and roast the gravy until water is absorbed and until the gravy is roasted well along with the eggs.
- Egg roast is ready.
- Watch the video procedure above...