Egg Pepper Fry is the most delicious and quick egg dish which can be done in a couple of minutes.
What is Egg fry?
The egg pepper masala is an instant recipe with no hard work and all we need is few boiled eggs and black pepper powder handy.
The boiled eggs are stir fried in simple tempering and seasoned with simple dry spices…
This dish goes best with roti or rice and is a yummy egg dish with just few spices and eggs stir fried in some oil.
I tried my hands at this dish in south indian style by adding some mustard seeds and curry leaves and it turned out awesome in flavor. Also other egg recipe is egg masala which is a gravy curry made using fried boiled eggs in onion tomato gravy.
Variations to egg fry?
Eggs can be fried in many ways and I would love to update them with different kinds of preparation and also roasting/frying them in various ways.
In different regions egg is fried in different way and I would like to post the best egg recipes to be tried by my blog readers.
Fried eggs are used in making biryani recipes and they are fried in normal way just by using simple spices and added to make biryani recipes instantly such as egg biryani or anda biryani is made in pressure cooker on the blog using stir fried boiled eggs.
This is a very common style of roasting or frying boiled eggs in andhra style or south indian style. We prefer to add in some tempering ingredients to stir fry certain recipes be it egg or vegetables and it really gives an aromatic feeling.
Benefits of eggs:
- Eggs are good in Vitamin A and are a very good source for improving vision and eyesight.
- It is advisable to include at least one boiled egg everyday.
- It has a high source of calcium and especially women need to increase in take of boiled eggs as it gives the required amount of calcium needed to strengthen the bones and teeth.
- It is preferable to use organic eggs if easily available in stores.
- If one suffers from high cholesterol levels then it is preferable to include only egg white and not consume yellow part of the egg that is egg yolk.
I usually fry eggs with basic spices as eating plain boiled eggs with rice or roti gets boring and therefore each time I fry egg I try to roast it or fry in different ways possible and it simply turns out awesome.
This egg pepper fry needs hard boiled eggs and some spices mainly kali mirch powder/black pepper powder and few onions along with dry spices and few minutes to cook it up and one can surprise your loved one’s with this amazing egg pepper masala fry.
This dish is totally incomplete without black pepper powder and it tastes delicious with pepper powder…
Below are the details on how to make this simple, quick and easy pepper egg fry recipe…
Learn how to make egg pepper fry recipe or egg pepper masala:
Egg Pepper Fry Recipe or Egg Pepper Masala
- 3 boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp edible oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 medium sized finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 5-6 curry leaves
- salt – as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp full black pepper corn powder
- Firstly, take a non stick wok, add oil into it and heat it.
- Into it add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves into it.
- Add finely chopped onions into it and saute until they turn soft.
- Add dry spices such as salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix.
- Cut the boiled eggs into two halves and add into the masala.
- Add/Sprinkle black pepper corn powder all over the boiled eggs.
- Toss the whole mixture delicately and let it cook for few minutes on low flame.
- Flip the eggs carefully and cook the other side too.
- Make sure the eggs are stir fried and coated well on both sides with the masala for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve with rice or roti as a side dish along with dal or curries.
2.Adding roasted black pepper powder would give even better taste to the whole dish…