Bread Pakora Recipe is an Indian snack item made using bread. Its called as pakora or pakoda as the bread pakora is deep fried in oil. It is also called as bread pakoda.
Bread pakora recipe is something that I have been trying to post since a long time as it is a wonderful snack item and am sure would be loved by all.
Bread pakoda is made using bread slices and along with that we also need chick pea flour batter to coat them well and deep fry. It is soft inside and is a common street food in North India.
The combination of both the ingredients make the recipe quite interesting. I made this recipe during iftar time of Ramazan month and it came out very well and I thought I should make it again and again and now here I am sharing the bread pakora recipe with my readers.
It is a popular snack item through out India and also a favorite among the kids. It can be made during evenings along with a hot cup of tea.
Since it is the month of August I thought I should post this recipe as my readers can try it during rainy season and enjoy with their families.
The bread pakora recipe is quite easy, simple and yet very tasty. It just requires few basic ingredients and it is one of the best pakoda recipes I have made so far.
I like to make different pakodas and I have also posted some of them on my blog which are a must try. All my recipes are tried and tested.
Pakoda recipes are something which are usually liked by every individual as they are tea time snacks and can be taken with tea and have some fun during tea time.
The weather is cold and and this was the right time to share this delicious bread pakora recipe. Do try various pakoda recipes and have a good day with your loved one’s.
Below are the recipe instructions on How to make bread pakora recipe….
Bread Pakora Recipe, Bread Pakoda Recipe
- 3 bread slices
- 1 1/2 cup of besan chick pea flour
- salt - to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds powder
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add besan, add salt, mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Add green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add water gradually and mix the gram flour until there are no lumps formed.
- Do not make the batter too thick or runny.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Cut the bread slices into triangle shape or rectangular in shape.
- Dip each slice into the batter and coat it on all sides.
- Drop the coated bread slices into the heated oil.
- Fry the bread slices until they turn golden on all sides.
- Remove them from the oil.
- Serve them in an absorbent paper to extract excess oil.
- Continue doing the same with the rest of the bread slices.
- Serve them hot with tea or sauce or ketchup!!!
2.One can add few more ingredients into the batter and they are cumin seeds, garam masala etc for more spicy taste.
3.Make sure the batter is not very thick nor too runny because the bread slices do not get coated well.