Moong Dal Pakoda Recipe is a snack pakoda recipe which is deep fried in oil and is made using yellow moong dal batter. This pakoda recipe is healthy and delicious.
Pakoda recipes are quite common in India and and I have decided to share yet another interesting pakoda recipe with my readers which is nothing but delicious moong dal pakoda recipe.
As moong dal or green gram is very healthy I would love to update different recipes that can be made with moong dal. Here to make moong dal pakoda I have used split green gram that is yellow moong dal to make this snack item.
Snacks are always a hit amongst everyone and and my liking for snacks is always at the top. I love to try out various snack recipes with different dals or lentils and I would love to share many more pakodas as my blog updates.
The moong dal pakoda is made with the batter of yellow moong dal and added into it are few basic ingredients which are chillies and onions etc..
The pakoda is soft inside and it tastes best when they are eaten along with any kind of sauce of ketchup. The softness in the pakoda comes by adding baking soda and it is totally optional as it requires lots of oil in making the pakodas.
Any pakoda recipes brings softness inside by adding baking soda but that absorbs lots of oil and this ingredient can be skipped if it is not required.
Indians prefer making pakodas with so many different lentils and also with different ingredients like paneer, kaju/cashewnuts etc.. Such is the love for pakodas that we try it in various ways.
The main batter for pakoda is usually besan or chick pea flour but other lentils like moong dal or chana dal are used to make yummy pakodas. Here in this post I shall be sharing moong dal pakoda recipe which is perfect during winters or rainy or during evenings.
Delicious and tasty yellow moong dal pakoda recipe below…
Moong Dal Pakoda Recipe, How To Make Moong Dal Pakoda
- 2 cups yellow moong dal split green gram
- salt - to taste
- 3 - 4 green chillies very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 medium sized onion very finely chopped
- a pinch of baking soda
- oil for deep fry frying
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Firstly, soak the yellow moong dal for 6 - 7 hours in water.
- Drain the water from the moong dal.
- In a blender add the moong dal, salt, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and blend well.
- Take the batter out in a mixing bowl.
- Add baking soda and mix well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and chopped onions into it.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Take small portions of the batter or take spoonful of batter and drop them in heated oil.
- Deep fry them on sim to medium flame until all sides are golden brown.
- Take them out in a serving plate.
- Continue doing the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve them with hot tea or ketchup!!!
Carom seeds/ajwain are usually added in pakoda recipes for better digestion.
Additional dry spices such as cumin seeds too can be added as optional ingredients.