Samosa is a cone-shaped or triangle shaped snack recipe stuffed with aloo matar stuffing and is the most popular evening snack throughout India. I have shared a video procedure below to show how to make a cone-shaped samosa with detailed steps.
This simple cone shaped snack needs a little bit of practice as the dough is not a readymade sheet and its made at home using maida.
The maida dough is made with the help of ghee, salt, water and the dough should be kneaded soft for perfect samosas...
This goes perfectly as an evening snack recipe... This is the most relished snack with a hot cup of tea during winter evenings or during rains...
This cone shaped snack is a favorite of all. The aloo snack is a crispy cone shaped maida snack filled with light stuffing...
It is a snack recipe that actually has emerged from punjab.
The snack is given a perfect shape and later deep fried in oil which can be served with any chutney or any dips...Mainly they are accompanied with hot hot tea...
The feel of eating samosas during rains with tea is an amazing feeling and its fun to enjoy them while watching the heavy rains...
Aloo samosa or punjabi samosa is also the most popular street food found across India. Every street corner sells these samosas in the form of onion samosa or aloo samosa...
Kids love to have these as evening snacks and they also prefer these snacks to be packed in their boxes and enjoy with friends...
Mini parties too are incomplete without these snacks.
Since Ramadan is around the corner, I would love to post some iftar snacks recipes that are suitable for this auspicious month and something we usually prefer to make it...
One can make various stuffing and fill with those stuffings such as vegetable stuffing, keema stuffing etc... Here, in this recipe I have made aloo stuffing.
Aloo in this stuffing is first boiled, peeled and then mashed. The mashed aloo is then stir fried in some spices and herbs...
Below are the recipe details shared to make this street food style samosa with aloo matar stuffing...
Video procedure for samosa:
How to make aloo samosa recipe in punjabi style:
Samosa Recipe Punjabi, How To Make Samosa | Aloo Samosa Recipe
For the filling:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 4 medium size potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup boiled green peas/matar
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- half lemon - juice extracted
- very finely chopped green chillies optional
For the samosa dough:
- 2 cups maida/all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- salt - to taste
- water to knead the dough
- Oil for deep frying
For the dough:
- In a bowl, add maida/all purpose flour.
- Into it, add salt, add ajwain/carom seeds.
- Add ghee and mix up the ghee with the flour well.
- Add water gradually and knead it to form a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover and rest the dough aside for 20 minutes.
For the filling:
- Firstly, take a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add mashed aloo into it, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, saute for few seconds.
- Add boiled peas/matar into it, mix up well and cook for 1 or two minutes.
- Add some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle lemon extracted juice all over the filling.
- Mix up the stuffing well.
- The stuffing is ready to be filled into the samosa.
Making of the samosa(Shown in the video below):
- Take a medium portion of the dough and make a round ball with it.
- Dust some flour on the rolling pin and flatten the dough like a chapathi as shown in the video.
- Cut the chapathi exactly into two halves.
- Take each half, apply water at the edges of the samosa.
- Make a cone shape, stuff the aloo matar stuffing.
- Seal it properly.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Drop the samosas carefully in oil.
- Put the flame on low and deep fry them until they turn golden red on all sides.
- Take them out from oil and place them on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with ketchup or dip or tea!!!
2.Frying on high flame keeps the samosa dough raw from inside and it is burnt from outside which is not so good in taste.
3.Here in the stuffing, very finely chopped green chillies, roasted coriander powder too can be added for more flavors.
4.Other stuffings such as keema stuffing, vegetable stuffing too can be made.