Bread upma recipe is an innovative snack item recipe tried out with bread and something that can be made instantly with basic common ingredients that are usually used for tempering.
Normally bread is an under estimated ingredient but there are numerous in which it can be tried such as bread pakora, double ka meetha, bread gulab jamun and today I have come up with a unique and instant recipe made with bread which is an upma kind of a recipe.
It can be eaten plain as evening snack or can be given to kids just as a morning breakfast recipe.
Bread upma is mostly liked by kids as an even snack recipe and it is a quick to do recipe with some bread slices handy. The taste of this upma is delicious and yummy too.
The upma recipe requires ingredients used in giving tadka along with onions and tomatoes and a slight taste of chopped ginger to lift up the flavors in the snack item.
It can also be made as a breakfast recipe when there are not too many ingredients at home and something that has to be made quickly and instantly.
This upma is almost like the basic upma recipe and also takes in similar ingredients but it is more quick than the upma and we just need to add the bread slices into the tempering or tadka and give a mix and the dish is ready.
Read out the details below on how to make this wonderful snack recipe known as quick upma in south indian region…
Do try it out and send in your feedback via comments and we are more than happy to help you…
Bread upma recipe below:
Bread Upma Recipe South Indian Style, How To Make Bread Upma
- 6-7 slices of bread cut and discard the brown corners and make small cubes of the white bread
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard sseeds
- 1 tsp urad dal/split black gram
- 1 tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 1 tbsp groundnuts
- 1/4 tsp finely crushed chopped ginger
- 1 medium size onion very finely chopped
- 2 green chillies very finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 medium size tomato very finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add urad dal, chana dal, add groundnuts and stir well.
- Add chopped/crushed ginger into it.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute well.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and saute, add curry leaves and mix.
- Add very finely chopped tomatoes, add salt, turmeric powder and mix well and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the small bread pieces into it and mix/toss them well with the masala and cook for a minute on sim flame.
- Lastly, garnish the upma with coriander leaves and mix.
- Serve as a quick snack recipe.