Chicken curry without coconut milk is a curry made without using any sort of coconut milk or coconut paste. This recipe is in the form of curry and can be easily eaten with any form of rice. The chicken curry without coconut requires few ingredients and a lot of patience and this is not a Kerala style recipe.
Related Indian chicken recipes to try:
This chicken curry requires onions, tomatoes, yogurt, cashewnut paste and many other spices to bring out a delicious taste to the recipe.
The curry needs a lot of patience in making but the result that comes out in the end is amazing. The recipe goes very well with rotis or mainly have it with plain rice for a better taste.
Many blog readers look out for recipes of chicken which does not require coconut and today I thought of sharing a delicious chicken curry which does not require any coconut milk or grated coconut or coconut paste.
This recipe is in the form of a curry and not in any roasted form. Today I am glad to share a different kind of a chicken curry with the ingredients that are easily available.
Below are the recipe details of this amazing chicken curry without coconut milk and hope my blog readers love this version of my recipe which has been made by skipping the most important ingredient that is coconut.
There are many ways a chicken recipe can be made and this is one of the methodsto make which does not need coconut or its milk and simply made using onions, tomatoes and yogurt....
Hope this simple recipe is liked by my blog readers and do try it out and please send in your comments below in the comment section...
Chicken Curry Without Coconut Milk Recipe, How To Make Chicken Curry
- 500 gms chicken cut into pieces and washed cleanly
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 4 medium size onions finely sliced
- 2-3 slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 medium size tomatoes finely chopped/pureed
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup beaten yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cashewnut paste paste of 5-6 cashews
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corn powder
- ½ teaspoon roasted coriander seeds powder
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a cooking pot, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add the cinnamon stick and cardamoms into it.
- Add the sliced onions into it, add slit green chillies, add salt and cook till they are soft and slight golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chicken pieces into it and roast them until the color of chicken changes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes into it, mix well and cook for a minute on medium flame until oil appears at the sides.
- Add beaten yogurt into it, mix and cook for few minutes.
- Add cashewnut paste into it, mix well.
- Add black pepper corn powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder into it and mix well.
- Cook the whole mixture for about five minutes on medium flame.
- Add about 1-2 cups of water, add salt if required, add coriander leaves, mix and cook the chicken until it gets soft and tender and keep stirring while cooking.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve it with plain rice and enjoy!!!
2.Adding tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes is also recommended.