Chicken masala recipe is a semi dry and semi gravy chicken curry shared here along with step by step details and a video procedure.
It is a chicken curry with a delicious gravy into the chicken and is a very popular non vegetarian dish.
If my blog readers are interested in making many more chicken recipes then do try chicken pulao, chicken biryani, chilli chicken, chicken manchurian, chicken pakora, chicken 65, kfc chicken recipe, chicken popcorn , chicken fried rice etc…
It is made using chicken and the gravy that goes into this curry is of cashews and tomatoes which have been blended into a fine puree and added to make the indian chicken masala gravy.
It is the one of the best chicken recipes on the blog and it can be easily made by available ingredients at home.
This curry can be made for any occasions and it is suitable to be eaten with rice or roti. The gravy also needs onions that have been cooked till brown and adding onions gives a very good flavor to the chicken masala curry.
I would love to make many more chicken recipes on the blog and do give us your feedback on the recipes and if there is any requested recipe then do leave us the request below in the comment box.
I have made many chicken recipes and would love to post many more curry recipes and many more chicken rice recipes that are suitable to be eaten with rotis and also that can be eaten as main course rice for lunch or dinners.
Chicken recipes do not take much time to cook and they are very easy to prepare and also turn very yummy with the end result.
I have slow cooked the chicken masala and the recipe has turned out amazingly delicious. I would love to share the details of the recipe and also the video procedure for my viewers to understand it even much better.
Let us learn how to make the chicken masala gravy recipe below:
Video procedure for chicken masala gravy:
How to make chicken masala:
chicken masala recipe, chicken masala gravy spicy curry
- 750 gms chicken cleaned and washed well
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 small cinnamon sticks and 2 cloves
- 4 onions finely sliced
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 12-15 kaju/cashewnuts
- 3 to matoes chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Step 1(Making of puree):
- Take a blending jar, into it add kaju/cashewnuts and make a fine powder of them.
- Into it add chopped tomatoes and puree them finely.
- Rest this kaju tomato puree aside.
- In a wok add oil and heat it.
- Add whole garam masala such as cinnamon sticks and cloves into it.
- Add sliced onions and cook them until soft.
- Add salt as per taste, mix and cook until the onions turn slight brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes to get rid of raw smell.
- Add the washed chicken and roast the chicken until the color of the chicken changes.
- Into it, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder and mix well.
- Roast the chicken by mixing on medium flame for few minutes.
- Reduce the flame and cook the chicken for few minutes until oil starts separating.
- Into it, add the kaju tomato puree, mix well.
- Add garam masala powder, black pepper powder, mix and cook the chicken gravy for few minutes until oil starts separating on low flame.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and give a mix.
- Cook the chicken until it turns soft for few minutes on low flame.
- Lastly mix the chicken and its done.
- Serve the chicken.
- Enjoy it with rice or roti.
2.Adding water turns the dry curry into a gravy curry and it tastes awesome.
3.If one wants to make it spicy then add more quantity of black pepper powder while cooking the curry.