Chicken Pakora Recipe is an amazing chicken fritters made using boneless chicken and chickpea flour/besan.
Related indian chicken recipes:
- Andhra chicken fry
- Chicken Kurma or chicken korma
- Chicken curry recipe
- Chicken 65 gravy
- chicken fried rice
- chicken chilli dry
- gongura chicken‘
- hyderabadi chicken biryani
- chicken manchurian dry
- chicken pulao
These chicken pakora are an absolute delight to have it as an evening tea time snacks. Also try out chicken kathi roll , kathi roll, chilli paneer dry , chicken cutlets , tandoori chicken which are filling snacks recipes for the evenings.
Related pakoda/pakora recipes:
I have been longing to make these tea time snacks and I thought if winters are going on in India, then this is the best time to make them and post this recipe.
Having them as snacks with a hot cup of tea or one can have them as starters too… Some love to call it as chicken pakodi or pakoda and they are crispy from outside when eaten hot and taste the best.
South Indian regions prefer to make pakodas with chicken mainly in andhra region and in andhra style and this pakoda recipe is made all over India with many variations…
There are many chicken dry or fry recipes and here chicken is deep fried and not stir fried. This is made with boneless chicken and all the snack recipes or chicken deep fried recipes should be made with boneless.
Here I have used besan or chick pea flour as the coating to the chicken but one can also use rice flour as the coating… I have also sprinkled some curry leaves and green chillies into the oil while deep frying and they give an amazing aroma to the deep fried chicken pakodi.
Chicken Pakora is a simple recipe where it is mixed with some spices and flour and deep fried in oil, which are perfect to enjoy in a bachelor party or a gathering with friends or kitty parties or during evenings…
Let us check out on making this recipe below…
How To Make Chicken Pakora(Pakoda) Recipe:
- 500 gms boneless chicken pieces washed well
- salt - to taste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- ½ tsp black pepper corn powder
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour/besan
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- egg white of 1 egg
- oil for deep frying
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 3-4 vertically slit green chillies
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it add boneless chicken pieces.
- Add salt into it as per taste, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Add coriander seeds powder, add garam masala powder, add black pepper corn powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add chick pea flour into it, add corn flour and mix it well.
- Add egg white into it.
- Mix the whole mixture well, rest aside and marinate it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add oil in a wok and heat it.
- Add the chicken pieces into the oil and deep fry them until they turn golden red on medium flame for 12 minutes.
- Add slit green chillies and curry leaves into the oil.
- Stir the chicken pieces up and down while frying.
- Remove the fried chicken pieces from oil.
- Place a tissue paper on a plate and serve the chicken pieces on them.
- Serve them hot with a hot cup of tea!!!
Watch the video on how to make chicken pakora recipe: