Chicken Pakora Recipe is an amazing chicken fritters made using boneless chicken and chickpea flour/besan. There are several other chicken starters on my blog such as tandoori chicken .
Related indian chicken recipes:
These chicken pakora are an absolute delight to have it as an evening tea time snacks. Also try out chicken kathi roll , kadai chicken, chicken cutlets which are filling snacks recipes for the evenings.
Related pakoda/pakora recipes:
Different kinds of pakora recipes:
There are many various ways of making pakoda and pick any vegetable and we can make a pakoda out of it inclusing paneer. Pakoda can be made with all non veg ingredients such as fish as well as they can be made with different veggies such as onion, tomatoes, green chilli,brinjal, cauliflower, cabbage, methi, palak and the list is never ending.
I would like to upload every way of making pakoda as soon as I upadate with lots and lots of recipes on the blog and hopefull show my readers the practical methods of making with the help of a video too.
I have been longing to make these tea time snacks and I thought if winters are going on in India, then this is the best time to make them and post this recipe.
Having them as snacks with a hot cup of tea or one can have them as starters too… Some love to call it as chicken pakodi or pakoda and they are crispy from outside when eaten hot and taste the best.
South Indian regions prefer to make pakodas with chicken mainly in andhra region and in andhra style and this pakoda recipe is made all over India with many variations…
There are many chicken dry or fry recipes and here chicken is deep fried and not stir fried. This is made with boneless chicken and all the snack recipes or chicken deep fried recipes should be made with boneless.
Here I have used besan or chick pea flour as the coating to the chicken but one can also use rice flour as the coating… I have also sprinkled some curry leaves and green chillies into the oil while deep frying and they give an amazing aroma to the deep fried chicken pakodi.
Chicken Pakora is a simple recipe where it is mixed with some spices and flour and deep fried in oil, which are perfect to enjoy in a bachelor party or a gathering with friends or kitty parties or during evenings…
Chicken pakoda can be made in various versions and here I would like to share two versions of making chicken pakoda which are absolutely delicious in taste and can be made any time of the day like they can be served with dal recipes as side dishes or can be eaten as plain snacks…
Below is another version of making chicken pakoda which is amazing street style version of making the chicken pakoda… Do watch the below video and do give us your feedbacks…
Different method of making chicken pakoda:
This below video is another pakora recipe made with chicken which is slightly different from the earlier one… Do check this video out to know more about this second style of making this chicken starter.
In this video I have marinated the chicken with spices such salt, red chilli powder, haldi powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste and herbs such as coriander leaves, chopped curry leaves, chopped green chillies. Also they are marinated with corn flour, maida, egg, food color and mixed well..
I tell you this is the best chicken pakora that has even been made by me and tastes more than delicious. Also check out other starter recipes of mine such as chicken kebab which is again a simple chicken starter.
The chicken starters when deep fried or barbecued have to be deep fried well in order to let the whole flavors of the ingredients that are added to be absorbed well… Followed by deep frying gives a juicy and crispy taste to this chicken starter dish…
Here, I have shared two methods of making the pakoda, one is just the video and the other is with the video and the written post as well…
Let us check out on making this recipe below…
How To Make Chicken Pakora(Pakoda) Recipe:
Chicken Pakora Recipe
- 500 gms boneless chicken pieces washed well
- salt – to taste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corn powder
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour/besan
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- egg white of 1 egg
- oil for deep frying
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 3-4 vertically slit green chillies
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it add boneless chicken pieces.
- Add salt into it as per taste, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Add coriander seeds powder, add garam masala powder, add black pepper corn powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add chick pea flour into it, add corn flour and mix it well.
- Add egg white into it.
- Mix the whole mixture well, rest aside and marinate it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add oil in a wok and heat it.
- Add the chicken pieces into the oil and deep fry them until they turn golden red on medium flame for 12 minutes.
- Add slit green chillies and curry leaves into the oil.
- Stir the chicken pieces up and down while frying.
- Remove the fried chicken pieces from oil.
- Place a tissue paper on a plate and serve the chicken pieces on them.
- Serve them hot with a hot cup of tea!!!