Green chilli chutney is a chutney made using lots of green chillies and garlic cloves cooked and blended together with some tangy flavour of tamarind pieces. Do not make this chutney raw that is do not grind all the ingredients without roasting as sauteing all the ingredients give an aromatic flavour and taste to the simple chutney than just blending a raw paste.
This is just one of the ways of making green chutneys and there will be many more green chutneys to be served with rice or which can be used as chutney dips for various snacks recipes and street food recipes such as chaat etc...
Related chutney recipes on the blog to have a look :
Green chilli chutney is also called as mirchi thecha across maharashtra...and into this chutney peanuts are also added in maharashtrian region...
In andhra region the meal platter is always served with different kinds of chutneys and this chutney is one of the best ways to serve along with dal, rice aand various curries...
In south india mainly across andhra region green chilli chutney is eaten along with dal rice or idli or dosa...It is a wonderful combination with south indian breakfast recipes...
There are many side chutneys that can be prepared with breakfast recipes and this is one among them.
The texture of this recipe can be made soft or coarse as per our requirement.
This chutney can be eaten plain with white rice and also along with ghee/clarified butter.
Below are the recipe details for this special green thecha recipe...
Green Chilli Chutney Recipe, How To Make Green Chilli Chutney
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 12-15 garlic cloves
- 15-20 green chillies
- 4-5 small tamarind pieces
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- salt - to taste
- Firstly, in a wok add oil and heat it.
- Into it add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add garlic cloves and saute for few minutes.
- Into it add green chillies and saute for few minutes.
- Add tamarind pieces, chopped coriander leaves, stir and cook for few minutes.
- Cool down the whole mixture.
- Add the mixture into a blender, add salt into it and blend the mixture into a coarse or fine paste.
- Serve it with idli or dosa etc...
Leave a Reply