Pudina chutney or pudina pachadi posted here is along with a video procedure. Its a traditional south indian chutney made using mint leaves and other recipes using pudina are pudina rice and hope to make many more pudina recipes.
This mint chutney is eaten mainly along with rice. In andhra telangana region, rice recipes are usually eaten with chutney and ghee.
When there is nothing available, a chutney and ghee is enough to finish our meal along with hot steamed rice.
Its a spicy pudina chutney made by adding fresh herbs like mint leaves and coriander leaves along with some spices.
This can also be served with rice and can be used as a spread for sandwich recipes. Overall this chutney is a hit in south india. It is usually referred to as tomato pudina pachadi as we add tomatoes into the pachadi.
Every meal platter in south india consists of varieties of chutneys and this chutney is one among them.
Chutneys, pickles are everyone's favorite in south india and no meal is complete without them.
This chutney is usually called as pudina pachadi in telugu lingo in andhra pradesh. I like to make many more chutney recipes with different vegetables and herbs.
Every veg chutney made turns out delicious and no need of making any curry as this chutney itself tastes yum to eat along with rice.
Generally, this pudina chutney is accompanied along with rice and dal in andhra region.
I have posted many chutney recipes and today I have added another chutney to my blog and I hope to add many more chutney recipes as I continue posting recipes.
Video procedure for andhra style chutney:
How to make pudina chutney or mint chutney:
pudina chutney recipe | mint chutney for idli dosa | pudina pachadi
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 6-7 green chillies
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 3 dried red chillies
- 2 bunches - mint leaves/pudina
- 1 bunch coriander leaves/kothmir/hara dhaniya
- 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- 5-6 small pieces of tamarind/imli
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt - to taste
For the tadka:
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal/split black gram
- ½ tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 2 dried red chillies
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Firstly, in a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add cumin seeds, add green chillies, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves and saute.
- Add dried red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, mix well until all the leaves come together.
- Cook them for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook until tomatoes turn soft.
- Add turmeric powder, mix and saute well for few seconds.
- Cook the chutney mixture for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Cool it down.
- In a blending jar, add the chutney mixture.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Blend the chutney mixture into a paste.
Give tadka to the chutney:
- In a sauce pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add urad dal, chana dal and saute well.
- Add dried red chillies by breaking them, stir well.
- Add curry leaves, let them crackle.
- Add the blended chutney into the tadka, mix well.
- Chutney is ready to be served with rice/idli/dosa.
- Watch the video procedure above.
2.Green chillies can be increased or reduced according to spicy flavor preferred.