Wheat dosa or godhuma dosa is an instant and quick dosa made using wheat flour or atta by adding a few basic spices and herbs. Godhuma dosa is a Telugu version of the wheat dosa. It can be made as a quick snack or breakfast recipe which can be done in a couple of minutes.
Other indian breakfast recipes or snacks recipes on the blog are instant dosa.
Wheat flour is easily available in Indian markets and in Indian villages whole wheat is made into fine flour and used... Nowadays wheat flour is easily available with 100% wheat in it...These dosas can be made with it...
Dosa is a pancake form of a dish which is basically served with chutneys. It can be made in many ways with many key ingredients.
Dosa is quite a popular dish all across India and it is one of the mostly made breakfasts recipes in India.
South India is widely popular for various breakfast recipes like idli, dosa, upma and I would like to add up more recipes as I continue writing down recipes which are tried and tested.
It is a very quick, instant and easiest dosa recipe which needs basic ingredients to make it and is a perfect recipe to be made for bachelors who have no time to make long dishes.
It is also called as atta dosa, godhumai dosai, flour dosa or godi dosa in various terminology but the method of making is the same...
Here, in this recipe I have added rice flour to give crisp texture to the dosa but, it can be added as an optional ingredient and simply made with wheat flour.
Below are the recipe details and instructions on how to make godhuma dosa or dosai along with the video procedure...
Video procedure of wheat dosa:
How to make wheat dosa or godhuma dosa:
Wheat Dosa Recipe with Atta, Godhuma Dosa | Gothambu Dosa
- 4 tbsp wheat flour/atta
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- salt - to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped onions
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup approx.. water to make batter
- 2 tbsp oil for applying all over the dosas
- Firstly, in a bowl, add wheat flour, add rice flour, add salt and mix it up well.
- Into it, add chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, very finely chopped onions.
- Also add few cumin seeds, red chilli powder and mix up.
- Gradually add water and make a batter with the consistency neither too thin nor too thick.
- Make it like a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the tawa.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil on the tawa and wipe the tawa with an onion slice.
- Take a ladle full of wheat dosa batter, drop it at the centre and carefully spread it in circular motion.
- Smear oil all over the dosa and at the corners of the dosa.
- Cook the down side on medium flame until it is cooked well.
- Flip the dosa, apply oil all over it and cook the other side too until it is cooked well.
- Make sure both sides are cooked well with lovely brown color on both sides.
- Take the dosa out on a plate.
- Serve hot with chutney!!!