Hyderabadi egg curry recipe is an egg curry recipe made with masala paste into which boiled eggs are added and cooked. It is a wonderful egg recipe and has been made with hyderabadi flavors.
Related Egg Curry Recipes or anda recipes:
- Hyderabadi Egg Biryani
- Egg paratha
- Egg Pepper Masala
- South Indian Style Egg Curry
- Anda Bhurji
- egg masala
This egg curry is my version of recipe which is super delicious and another amazing recipe of egg from hyderabad is khageena or onion egg curry and is a very popular dish in hyderabadi households.
Egg curries range from making in simple ways to more complicated ways such as simple egg curry can be just made by adding basic spices to making a masala of the curry and then cooking eggs until the eggs absorb the masala flavors… There are many more varieties of egg related dishes which can be easily checked on my blog.
This egg curry is made with a masala paste and the paste is made by roasting sesame seeds, peanuts and desiccated coconut. This paste is the main secret of the recipe and to enhance their flavors I have given tempering which makes the egg curry a delicious one.
This recipe goes well with pulao recipes or with just steamed rice and can also be eaten with rotis. Egg curries can be made in various ways and every region has many ways of making a single recipe.
Here the recipe is given pure hyderabadi flavors and this egg curry is given a tangy flavor of tamarind pulp which will lift up the flavors of the curry and it is a mouth watering egg curry recipe…
The tadka flavor is the main part of the recipe and without tadka the curry gives a different taste and I suggest to give tadka particularly to this recipe.
Do try this yummylicious hyderabadi egg recipe and I am sure would be loved by my readers.
Hyderabadi Egg Curry Recipe Below:
Hyderabadi Egg Curry Recipe, Ande Ka Salan
- 3-4 eggs boiled and peeled
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 slit green chillies
- 3-4 dried red chillies
- 5-6 fresh curry leaves
- 3 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1 lemon size tamarind extracted pulp
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves for garnishing
For the paste:
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Firstly, take a pan, add peanuts and roast, add sesame seeds and roast for few seconds, add desiccated coconut, roast it and cool it.
- Blend all the ingredients into a powder, add little water and blend it into a paste and place the paste aside for later use.
- Take a cooking vessel, into it, add oil and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them splutter or pop up.
- Add slit green chillies, add dried red chillies and saute.
- Add curry leaves into the oil and allow it to crackle.
- Add sliced onions, stir and cook till slightly brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the blended paste of peanuts, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut, mix well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook the masala by covering the lid on low flame until oil starts separating.
- Take care of the masala as the masala may burn at the base if not stirred in between.
- Add tamarind extracted pulp into it, check for salt, add boiled eggs, add mint leaves, add coriander leaves.
- Add water as per the thickness of the gravy preferred and also add pinch of sugar if the curry is tangy.
- Cook the whole mixture on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the egg curry with rice or pulao or chapathi!!!