Methi Pakoda is a pakoda or fritters recipe made using methi leaves or fenugreek leaves and making pakoda using these leaves is another version of making fritters…
Methi is said to have lots of health benefits like it helps in controlling sugar levels in our body…Methi is a bit bitter in taste ingredient but making methi in different ways and having it helps in improving our health conditions in a better way…
Methi is also added in tempering and also in pickle recipes to add flavor and aroma…
If you want to try other methi recipes from my blog then do try methi chicken etc…
Methi is a rarely eaten recipe but it makes an amazing combination when added to vegetable curries like potatoes or aloo sabzi or any other veggie…
Methi leaves should be added to vegetables often as they give a good aroma and taste to sabzi recipes and also to non veg like mutton dishes…
Methi is often referred to as fenugreek in english and making pakodas is one of the best ways to include methi in our diet and this is a good winter or rainy snack to be had along with tea…
Add methi leaves in pakoda batter and making them as crispy pakodas using the batter of besan and rice flour is an interesting idea to make them…
Enjoy this snack using cold winters or rainy evenings and try to make this if you are looking forward to making different kinds of bhajiya varieties…
Here, in this recipe the methi pakoda batter is made up of washed methi leaves, besan/chick pea flour, rice flour, cooking soda, dry spices such as salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, coriander seeds powder, oil and mixing the batter well and forming a consistency of the batter as shown below…
How to make methi pakoda or methi bhajiya recipe below:
Methi Pakoda Recipe(Pakora), Methi Bhajiya
- 3 medium size bunches of fenugreek leaves/methi leaves
- 1 medium size onion finely sliced(not large size)
- 6 tbsp besan/chick pea flour
- 1 tsp rice flour
- salt – to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp ajwain carom seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- a pinch of baking soda
- oil for deep frying
- Wash methi leaves and add them into a bowl.
- Into it, add finely sliced onion.
- Into it add chick pea flour and rice flour.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, carom seeds, pinch of baking soda.
- Add oil and mix all the ingredients well.
- Washed methi leaves already leaves its water and therefore, batter can be mixed easily.
- If required just sprinkle few drops of water and mix the batter.
- The batter should be thick.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Take a portion of the batter in your fingers, press or flatten the batter with fingers and drop in oil.
- Similarly drop the rest of the pakodas batter into the oil.
- Deep fry the methi pakodas on low flame until they turn golden color on all sides.
- Take them out.
- Serve hot with chutney, dips or ketchup!!!