Mutton Biryani Recipe here in this post is a pakki yakhni style Hyderabadi biryani recipe made by cooked mutton and also cooking it by making layers of mutton and rice.
There are several other biryani recipes on the blog mainly chicken biryani, hyderabadi chicken dum biryani, hyderabadi egg biryani, hyderabadi veg dum biryani , chicken biryani in cooker , hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe.
I have already posted dum style biryanis in different methods but pakki yakhni style mutton biryani is a unique style where the mutton is completely cooked and added to the rice in layers.
The difference in dum mutton biryani and pakki yakhni biryani is nothing but the dum biryani with mutton requires a long time to marinate but this recipe can be made quickly by pressure cooking the mutton and quickly adding it to the layered rice with some interesting seasoning.
If you are looking for mutton biryani recipes in dum style then do check my blog recipes which are Hyderabadi mutton biryani recipe and mutton dum biryani recipe which have been made in dum style with slight variations.
I sometimes prefer making mutton biryani in this method as this method of biryani gives a wonderful taste too . As many of us would like to try mutton biryani in this method I therefore decided to share mutton biryani recipe which is a mostly preferred method all across the country.
This recipe does not require any marination and to tenderize the mutton just pressure cook the mutton with spices and also if one is perfect with making biryani recipes, one can always try many variations.
This is basically an Indian style mutton biryani recipe which is usually made by layers using mutton curry and rice.
I would love to post many kind of biryani recipes as I keep updating my blog and would be glad to receive feedback from my blog readers for my recipes which would motivate me to share amazing recipes from different Indian cuisines…
Learn how to make mutton biryani recipe step by step with the written procedure and also by watching the video to get an idea…
Mutton Biryani Recipe Below:
- 1 kg mutton cleaned and washed well
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp black pepper corn powder(kali mirch powder)
- 1 cup beaten yogurt
- 1 cup deep fried onions finely crushed
- 1 bunch freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3-4 small cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 chinese cubeb/kabab chini(optional)
- 3-4 cardamoms brown/green
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 5-6 green chillies vertically slit
- water for boiling
- salt to taste
- 1 kg basmati rice
- 2-3 small cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon extracted juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 3-4 tbsp deep fried onions
- 3 tbsp lemon extracted juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup saffron flavored milk(2 saffron strands dipped in milk)
- Take a large bowl or vessel, into it add mutton pieces, add salt, add ginger garlic paste.
- Add spices such as red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, black pepper corn powder and mix well.
- Add beaten yogurt, mix well and put it aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, add oil into the cooker and heat it.
- Add cinnamon sticks, add cloves, kabab chini, cardamoms, caraway seeds and saute well.
- Add vertically slit green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the mixed mutton mixture into it.
- Add chopped coriander leaves into it.
- Add deep fried onions into it.
- Mix the whole mixture well, cook for few minutes and pressure cook the mutton mixture by adding a cup of water.
- Reduce the steam, and place the cooked mutton aside.
- When the mutton is getting tenderized, soak basmati rice in water for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a cooking vessel, add water generously into it.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Add spices such as cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, cloves, caraway seeds.
- Add lemon juice extract into it.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice into it.
- Cook the rice until it is ¾th done or 75% done.
- Strain the rice completely.
- Take empty cooking vessel, add oil at the base and coat it well.
- Add a portion of the mutton mixture and spread it evenly.
- Over the mutton add a layer a rice.
- Season the layer with deep fried onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon juice, saffron flavored milk.
- Again add the remaining cooked mutton mixture over the seasoning.
- Add a layer of rice.
- Season it again with deep fried onions, chopped coriander and mint leaves, lemon juice, saffron flavored milk.
- Also add some ghee and some oil over the top if required and for fragrance.
- Cover the lid of the vessel.
- Switch on the stove.
- Place a tawa over the flame.
- Place the cooking vessel over it.
- Cook the biryani for 10 minutes on high flame and for 15 minutes on low flame.
- Place a weight on the vessel for quick results.
- Biryani is done and ready to be served.
2.The steam raises from the bottom to the top which means the biryani is cooked well.
3.Additional spices can be added or quantity of spices can be reduced or increased as per requirement.
4.Always soak the rice before we start cooking the mutton and simultaneously boil the water for rice inorder to save time and make the recipe quickly.
Watch The Video Of Mutton Biryani Recipe Pakki Yakhni: