Mutton gravy is a recipe which we all crave for to eat with rice or roti. Mutton gravy recipe can be made in various ways but here I have not used onions and tomatoes to make the gravy but have prepared the dish in different style.
Related mutton recipes:
Gravy of non veg recipes is neither too liquid like a shorba nor too dry and the consistency of the curry is made in such a way that it can be mixed with rice or can be taken with roti.
This mutton gravy is awesome in taste and perfect with pulao or bagara rice. This is no onion no tomato gravy but I have used yogurt and fried onions to make the gravy which gives a perfect taste to the mutton.
Other recipe collections:
Mutton/meat should be of high quality when buying it and should be fresh and red to get the perfect taste.
Mutton curries can be made in various ways and mutton gravies too can be made in different ways and each region maintains a different version of mutton gravy or mutton curries.
I would love to update various mutton recipes like curries or gravy versions, korma or rice mixed with mutton which can be tried and served to families.
Mutton if cooked perfectly with right spices brings the best taste to the dish. Mutton is often used to make during eid or muslim festivals apart from chicken dishes.
Here I have used fried onions called as barista to get the gravy and also used yogurt to give the gravy to the mutton dish.
Check out the detailed instructions and procedure to make this wonderful mutton gravy recipe.
How to make spicy mutton gravy recipe:
- 500 gms meat/mutton
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2-3 black pepper corns
- 3-4 medium sized onions, finely sliced
- 3-4 vertically slit green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt - as per taste
- 1 tsp full red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 or 2 glasses of water
- 1 cup yogurt(approx... 200ml)
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp black pepper corn powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 4 medium sized onions finely sliced and deep fried(barista/deep fried onions)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a cooking pot, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add cinnamon stick, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper corns and stir well.
- Add finely sliced onions into it.
- Also add slit green chillies and saute until onions turn soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of the raw smell.
- Add mutton pieces into it and roast them well until the mutton changes its color.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix the whole mixture well.
- Cover the lid and cook the mutton for about 5 minutes on low flame until oil appears at the corners.
- Add a glass of water or two and cook the mutton until it gets tender or pressure cook to tenderize it(do not overcook the mutton).
- Reduce the steam of the cooker and switch on the flame.
- Beat the yogurt and add into the tenderized mutton curry and mix well.
- Add garam masala powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, black pepper corn powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Crush the deep fried onions and add into the mutton curry and mix well.
- Add in some fresh coriander leaves.
- Cook it for 10 minutes on low flame until a thick gravy is observed.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with roti or rice...
2.After yogurt and barista is added the mutton has to be cooked again for about 15 minutes so avoid overcooking the mutton in the beginning as it removes the perfect flavor of the meat.