Palak Roti Recipe is a simple and healthy roti recipe made with spinach leaves and wheat flour/atta. The palak roti or palak chapati is an excellent breakfast dish and it is most popular across North India. I love to make parathas or rotis as they are quite healthy and tasty too. They can be made by stuffing any vegetable and can be eaten plain without any side dish.
This punjabi recipe is another roti recipe for my blog readers after I shared few flat bread recipes like jowar roti recipe and soft phulka recipe...
The spinach roti is simply made by adding chopped spinach leaves and some spices to the wheat flour, kneading the dough by adding little water and roasting the roti with ghee or oil or butter.
There are various ways in which palak can be used and palak ki roti is something that can be made in no time and a very healthy option for breakfast recipes...
I love to use green leafy vegetables as a stuffing for rotis and they taste awesome...
Palak paratha is another version of palak roti where spinach is pureed and added to the dough and I would be glad enough to update with it as I keep blogging with time...
Making stuffed roti recipes is much preferable to making plain rotis and one should include all kinds of recipes in our diet from vegetarian to non-vegetarian and healthy too...
Palak is such a wonderful green leafy vegetable that it can be used to make several recipes out of it and today I am sharing an easy and quick to do palak roti as a good option for breakfast and a great punjabi recipe...
Any vegetable side dish goes well with this roti or any curry can be eaten with it...
Palak Roti Recipe or Spinach Roti
- 1 cup finely chopped washed palak/spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoon wheat flour/atta
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon very finely chopped green chillies
- 4-5 ajwain/carom seeds
- Firstly, in a bowl, add the finely chopped spinach leaves.
- Add the coriander leaves.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain/carom seeds, very finely chopped green chillies into it.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Add wheat flour/atta into the palak mixture, mix well.
- Add water gradually and knead into a smooth dough.
- Do not add more water while making the dough as the roti cannot be rolled out.
- Take a small/medium portion of the dough and make a round ball.
- Dust some flour on the rolling board.
- Place the dough ball and roll it out in circular shape.
- Heat the tawa, put the roti on it.
- Cook the roti on sim flame, flip it, apply oil all over.
- Flip it again, press the roti from all sides and apply oil.
- Flip again, press the roti and cook it well on both sides as plain roti is cooked.
- Serve the palak roti with any curry or side dish of your choice!!!
2.Cook this roti the same way as a normal roti is cooked.