Pepper chicken recipe is a spicy south indian style chicken curry which is quite popular in andhra, tamil and kerala region.
It is a spicy chicken recipe perfectly suitable to make during winters and rainy. I have shared many chicken recipes which are fried versions, curries, korma recipes all made with chicken.
This pepper chicken is a semi gravy and semi dry version of chicken made totally in south indian style. This is slightly a spicy kind of a recipe but the spice content can be reduced by reducing the quantity or black pepper powder added as well as reduce the quantity of red chilli powder.
It has got lots of pepper powder, onions, tomatoes and some dry spices added into it. Since it’s made in south indian style we also add curry leaves into the chicken curry.
In tamil and kerala states it’s a very special recipe found in hotels and restaurants and this dish is served more than any other south indian non veg dish in south india.
Since here rains are occurring frequently I have made this pepper chicken to have it with plain white rice or steamed rice or roti.
Eating this kind of chicken recipe in rains with rice gives a pleasant feeling and when we want to eat something spicy this is the perfect recipe to be made.
It takes in only simple ingredients that are easily available at home and if required we can even skip pepper powder or increase or decrease the quantity of pepper powder in the recipe.
Below are the recipe details on how to make pepper chicken recipe with step by step details and video procedure.
Video procedure for pepper chicken:
how to make pepper chicken:
pepper chicken recipe dry, how to make pepper chicken
- 250 gms chicken cleaned and washed well
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 4-5 slit green chillies
- 2 medium size onions finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies, chopped onions and saute for few minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add chicken and roast until color of chicken changes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cook for five minutes on low flame and keep stirring in between.
- Add some more salt if required and add coriander leaves.
- Mix once again.
- Cook the chicken until it is cooked well and until the chicken turns soft.
- Give a mix.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve it in a bowl.
- Serve with rice or roti.
- Watch the video procedure above.