Suji ka halwa is shared with detailed steps and also along with a video procedure.
It is a very popular indian sweet recipe made during occasions in most of the Indian households. This recipe is mostly prepared in muslim households and also in Northern India during several festive occasions.
In muslim households we usually prepare common sweet recipes such as sheer khurma recipe and it is a milk dessert which is quite popular world wide and I would like my blog readers to check it out…
Other sweet delicacies to check out on the blog:
Not only halwa recipes but traditionally many kinds of sweets or indian desserts are prepared from simple to difficult one’s and simple desserts are badam milk which is a simple dessert made using milk and dry fruits, gajar ka halwa with condensed milk which a very creamy carrot sweet recipe etc…Do check them out and hope it is loved by my blog readers…
Halwa is commonly made for simple occasions and there are hundreds of halwa varieties that can be made with different ingredients.
Today, I have shared one variety of halwa which is made with suji and it’s commonly known as suji/sooji ka halwa.
In some places it is also called as sheera.
Indian sweets and indian desserts are endless and I would love to share every variety of sweet and dessert recipe as I keep writing my blog posts with videos.
For a better understanding I have decided to share my recipes along with a video procedure and I hope my blog readers love my recipes.
Sooji is a very simple ingredient and it is available almost in every grocery store of India and abroad. It can be used to make various recipes like sooji upma, vada with suji, idli with sooji rava and many more.
Hope to add as many recipes as I can with sooji and I hope my blog readers love to make them.
Suji ka halwa here is made by dry roasting and adding the roasted sooji in milk, flavored with elaichi powder and saffron flavored milk.
It appears in the form of a thick porridge and is a deliciously tasty indian sweet dish.
This is the most traditionally made sooji ka halwa and I am sure it would be loved by all.
Below are the recipe details on how to make this special sooji halwa.
Video procedure for suji ka halwa below:
Suji ka halwa recipe below:
suji ka halwa recipe | sooji ka halwa
- 1 cup sooji/suji/rava/semolina
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 2 tbsp finely sliced almonds/badam and cashewnuts/kaju
- 12 saffron strands soaked in 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- Take a pan, heat it.
- Add sooji/suji, dry roast it for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Transfer the roasted sooji on a plate and rest it aside for further use.
- Into the same pan, add sugar and water, stir and cook until sugar is dissolved well .
- Rest this sugar syrup aside for later use.
- Take a wok, add ghee and heat it.
- Into it, add sliced almonds and cashewnuts.
- Saute them for few minutes on low flame.
- Into it, add the dry roasted sooji and roast again for few minutes until color of suji changes to slight brown.
- Add sugar syrup, add saffron strands soaked with milk, add green cardamom powder.
- Stir continuously so that lumps do not form while mixing.
- Keep mixing and cooking for few minutes in low flame until sooji thickens.
- Cook for few more minutes on low flame.
- Give a mix and suji ka halwa is ready to be served.
- Serve it in sweet bowls and its done!!!
2.Roasting sooji helps the halwa by not forming lumps while mixing the sooji with sugar syrup.
3.Always make the halwa on low flame and make sure to use only non stick cookware to make indian sweets or desserts.