Aloo methi is yet another delicious aloo special sabzi recipe made using methi leaves generously combined with aloo…
There are many varities of aloo recipes but the combination of methi and aloo together is the best combination. This can be eaten along with rice or roti. It is a quite popular combination in hyderabad and punjab.
Aloo is a favorite vegetable with all the kids and they love to eat potatoes in any form be it aloo paratha, aloo chips, aloo poori etc…
Methi is used widely as it enhances the flavor of the whole dish and it has got lots of health benefits too… It not only helps in reducing sugar levels but also keeps sugar in control if consumed regularly.
I would like to share many aloo recipes as I keep updating and I love to make aloo in various ways and with various combinations.
Aloo is a regular making veggie at home and aloo methi sabzi is usually made during breakfasts as a combination with roti.
The recipe shared here is a very simple and easy aloo methi curry which uses very few ingredients like some spices and the key ingredients to make this sabzi are fresh methi leaves/fenugreek leaves and small diced potatoes.
The recipe uses few chopped onions and some spices which makes a wonderful and tasty yummy aloo methi sabzi recipe.
Using methi gives a wonderful fragrance and we can add any amount of leaves generously to the aloo while cooking.
Below are the recipe details shared with detailed instructions and I have shared a video procedure too on how to make aloo methi.
Video procedure for aloo methi curry:
How to make aloo methi sabzi:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium size onion, very finely chopped
- 4-5 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 4-5 bunches fresh methi leaves/fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- In a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add very finely chopped onions and cook until soft and pinkish by stirring in between.
- Add small potato cubes and mix up well.
- Cook for few minutes, saute while cooking.
- Add salt as per requirement, add red chilli powder, add turmeric powder.
- Mix up well.
- Cook the aloo for 10-15 minutes on low flame by stirring in between.
- Add fresh methi leaves into it and mix.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame by stirring to avoid burning.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix it up well.
- Cook for few minutes and its ready to serve.
- Watch the video procedure shared above the written recipe.
2.If preferred we can also add ginger garlic paste too into the sabzi initially. It tastes yummy by adding and does not spoil the sabzi.