Potato fry recipe is a veg stir fry recipe and a common side dish in every indian household made with diced or sliced aloo.
Other aloo recipes that should be tried are potato poha or aloo poha, aloo pakora, potato kurma, aloo jeera, aloo sabzi,aloo paratha or aloo ka paratha , aloo methi , samosa recipe , aloo palak, aloo matar.
The aloo fry is a quick and easy stir fried vegetable that goes perfectly well with roti or parathas. Here, I have used quite a few ingredients to make this everyday indian aloo roast which is a favorite among the kids and goes perfectly as an accompaniment with rice and khatti dal, palak dal, pappu charu, masoor dal, mango dal.
To make potato fry recipe as is mentioned in this recipe, the potatoes should be thinly sliced inorder to get the best taste and make the aloo cook well and soft.
Potato fry goes really with dal and rice too and it is a simple recipe with some basic tempering given in the beginning. Different regions give different tempering and yet the taste turns out awesome….
Potato is one such vegetable which can be made into various forms be it as fried, baking or curry or gravy or it also works as a great combination to many vegetables like beans, brinjal, spinach and also to non vegetarian dishes like meat or sometimes in egg curries too.
Lets take a look at the detailed recipe on how to make this simple yet delicious aloo fry recipe…
Watch the video procedure of aloo fry or crispy potato fry:
How to make potato fry recipe:
- 5-6 medium size potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(zeera)
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 4-5 slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¾ tsp turmeric powder(haldi powder)
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Firstly, peel the potatoes, wash and and slice them into thin slices.
- Take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
- Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add slit green chillies.
- Add fresh curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Add the sliced aloo/potatoes and mix them well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix everything well and keep stir frying until the aloo gets soft.
- Do not cook on high flame.
- Lastly, add roasted coriander seeds powder all over the aloo fry and toss it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.