Aloo palak, a delicious hyderabadi and north indian curry recipe made using palak leaves and aloo mixed in onion gravy.
Its a simple yet yummy dish which is made with few ingredients and can be eaten with both rice and chapathi.
Also check out other aloo or palak recipes on the blog that can be eaten with phulka roti or any other roti.
Aloo is one such vegetable which is liked by kids and young. Aloo is a vegetable that can be tried into various recipes and can be relished with roti and rice.
There are endless dishes that can be tried with aloo.
Here I have used two veggies, one is palak and the other is aloo and combining both vegetables gives us a delicious gravy.
Palak is a healthy vegetable and it can also be experimented into many varieties.
In this recipe aloo and palak are added in an onion gravy and then cooked together until they turn soft and tender.
I have shared a very easy vegetable curry along with a video procedure made with aloo and palak and tastes best when served with roti or rice.
I have shown the aloo palak curry in a wok, however the same can be made in a pressure cooker without adding any water as the palak releases its own water and the gravy is cooked in that water.
Below are the recipe details on how to make aloo palak gravy…
Video procedure for aloo palak gravy curry:
Aloo palak recipe or aloo palak curry:
aloo palak recipe | palak aloo curry | aloo palak gravy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium size onions finely chopped
- 3 vertically slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 medium size potatoes finely sliced
- 6-7 bunches of spinach leaves/palak leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Firstly, in a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute for few seconds.
- Add slit green chillies, mix and saute until onions turn soft.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, mix and saute well.
- Cook the masala until oil oozes out and starts leaving the masala.
- Add sliced potatoes, mix well.
- Add chopped palak leaves, mix well and cook until all the palak leaves comes together.
- Cook aloo palak for few minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook aloo and palak until aloo turns soft and palak cooks well.
- Keep mixing and checking in between.
- When aloo and palak turns into soft gravy and when aloo turns soft switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi.
- Watch the video procedure above.
2. Aloo palak can also be pressure cooked.
3.After adding coriander leaves in step 9, just pressure cooking the aloo palak curry for 2 whistles gives us a fine curry.
4.If aloo palak is not made in pressure cooker, then cut the potatoes into small pieces as they can be cooked faster and can be tenderized quickly.
5. In this recipe I have not added any water as the palak and onion release their own water and the gravy can be cooked in that water.