Beetroot paratha is a healthy breakfast recipe that is loaded with full of nutrients and good for health too...We all love to eat various paratha stuffings but, this particular paratha is perfect if we are looking for a healthy diet.
Paratha recipes or roti recipes to check out more are listed below:
I have cooked the stuffing separately for the paratha and filled the stuffing inside and rolled it out...
Parathas are traditional punjabi cuisine...
It can be eaten plain or can be served with any kind of chutney or a pickle...
Beetroot is a vegetable which is eaten rarely but it has got lots of health benefits...It is said to improve our haemoglobin levels too. Also check out another interesting recipe made with this good looking vegetable is beetroot juice.
There are many ways this wonderful veggie can be used like it can be used as a curry, fry, soup, juice or it can be used as a stuffing for roti or paratha...
Here I have made a paratha out of it and would love to share a few more recipes with beetroot.
It is commonly referred to as 'chukandar' in hindi and people across India love to make this dish in various variations...
Hope to dish out few more healthy recipes and post it on my blog as soon as possible...
This is a simple recipe with quite a few ingredients used to make the beet stuffing and filled inside the dough made out of wheat flour and rolled out in small circular shapes...
Below are the recipe details shared along with the video to make this healthy version of beet paratha...
Beetroot Paratha Recipe, Beetroot Roti
For the stuffing:
- 2 beetroots grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 vertically slit green chillies
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper corn powder
For the paratha dough:
- 1 ½ cups wheat flour
- salt - to taste
- a pinch of carom seeds/ajwain optional
- water to knead the dough
- oil/butter/ghee to apply all over the paratha
Make the stuffing:
- In a fry pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add grated beetroot, saute for few seconds.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix and cook for another 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Stuffing is ready.
Prepare the dough:
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add carom seeds/ajwain as an optional ingredient, mix well.
- Add water and knead the dough.
- Make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and rest it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- After resting, mix the dough well.
- Take a medium size dough ball.
- Roll it out into a very small circle.
- Fill a tsp of stuffing at the centre.
- Gather all the sides towards the centre.
- Seal it tightly.
- Dust some flour on the rolling pin.
- Flatten the paratha into small circular shapes.
- Heat the tawa/gridle and place the paratha.
- Cook the down side for few seconds.
- Apply oil/butter over the paratha and flip.
- Apply oil/butter on the other side too.
- Cook both the sides of the paratha very well.
- Take them out and serve hot with pickle/yogurt/raita/chutney.
2.Oil can be avoided if we are going for a more healthier option.