Bread roll is an evening snack recipe made using bread slices and the filling done inside is of boiled potato spicy filling and therefore, these are called as bread potato rolls.
- kanda poha or poha recipe
- aloo poha or batata poha
- samosa recipe punjabi style
- masala vada
- mysore bonda or mysore bajji
- kathi roll
Bread rolls are an interesting way if we are using bread slices and these are a deep fried popular snack in India.
Inside the bread there are various stuffings that can be done and fried but, here, I have used boiled potato stuffing but, various stuffings using egg, paneer, veggies too can be done to this snack.
This snack recipe can be used as an iftar snack during the month of Ramadan and due to time constraints I could not write down iftar special recipes and hope to add many more iftar recipes as much as I can…
This particular snack is perfect for winter evenings or during rainy season. The best time to have this snack is while drinking tea…
The bread roll is crunchy from outside and soft from inside and is quite a good looking snack dish which is very appealing to our eyes…
The snack recipe needs few bread slices and other main ingredients include boiled potatoes and some spices to make the wonderful stuffing.
The rolls which are made here are in bullets shape and these rolls are coated with bread crumbs to get a crunchy texture to the outer covering.
These deep fried snacks go perfectly with sauce or ketchup or they can also be eaten plain without any dips…
The stuffing has to be placed on the bread slice and should be rolled very carefully in such a way that it takes oval shape and also the stuffing should be covered with bread from all sides…
Steps on how to make bread rolls:
To make this recipe we first need to boil the potatoes, peel them, and make the stuffing by adding certain dry spices like salt, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and all the ingredients mixed well.
We also need to add green chillies into the stuffing and the stuffing that appears for this rolls looks like the one in the picture below…
Once the stuffing is ready, take each bread slice and cut out all the corners of the bread, dip all the four corners in water slightly, squeeze it by pressing the bread slice. Take a spoonful of the stuffing and place the stuffing over the bread slice and fold and make a shape as shown in the picture. Coat the bread roll with dried bread crumbs completely…Set these bread crumbs aside and deep fry them.
After deep frying, the bread rolls attain an amazing look like shown below…
How to make bread roll or potato bread rolls recipe below:
- 5-6 bread slices
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- water in a bowl for dipping bread slices
- 3 potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- oil - 1tbsp
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp green chillies very finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- ½ tsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- In a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add cumin seeds and saute well.
- Into it, add finely chopped green chillies, stir well.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder and mix the whole mixture well.
- Cook the whole potato mixture for a minute on low flame.
- Add coriander leaves, sprinkle lemon extract all over and toss the potato mixture well.
- Take each bread slice, take a knife and cut out all the corners of the bread slice.
- Cut out the corners of the remaining bread slices.
- Dip the four corners of each bread slice slightly in water, squeeze it completely.
- Fill a tsp full of potato stuffing onto bread slice, fold and make into bullets shape.
- Coat the roll with bread crumbs.
- Similarly, stuff and make rolls of all the remaining bread slices, coat them with bread crumbs and place aside.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Drop rolls in oil and deep fry them on low to medium flame until they turn golden on all sides.
- Take them out from oil.
- Place them on a tissue paper.
- Serve them with sauce or ketchup!!!