Egg pakoda recipe is yet another pakoda or fritters recipe with egg as a stuffing inside the batter of besan or chick pea flour batter. Egg pakoda recipe can also be called as egg bonda or anda bonda or anda pakora.
Related Egg Recipes:
Egg pakoda recipe or egg fritters is another variation of different pakodas made with different stuffings. We all love to eat pakodas like aloo pakoda or bread pakoda but it gets boring to eat the same kind of pakoda all the time. Therefore, it is a great idea to try out various fritters and enjoy their taste with any chutney or sauce or ketchup.
Egg pakoda recipe of mine comes with egg stuffing inside the batter. The egg is boiled and stuffed inside. The boiled egg needs to be cut into two to three halves and then use it for stuffing or you can also use whole boiled egg , fry it along with the batter and cut into two halves.
I love making different pakodas or vadas during cold evenings or winters or rainy as the pleasant weather makes us eat hot snacks with a hot cup of tea.
I would like my readers to try out and learn various recipes of pakodas or vadas and do give us your feedback.
Also other pakodas to try from my blog are potato pakora recipe, moong dal vada recipe, onion pakoda recipe, palak pakoda recipe etc..
Indians are crazy for snacks and so am I. I love to try every dish from across different states and post those recipes which are tried and tested.
Usually lentils are preferred to make fritters and among them chana dal or chick pea flour is commonly used for most of the fritters. Other lentils which taste good for fritters are green gram(moong dal), black gram(urad dal) etc...
These kind of recipes work well even for the kids as they tend to eat light food when they are back home from school and sometimes serving them with snacks is not a bad idea.
Egg pakoda recipe here is coated with the chick pea flour batter and deep fried. I always love to make different snack recipes during iftar in the month of ramazan and so try out various pakodas.
Let us take a look into what goes into making egg pakoda recipe:
Egg Pakoda Recipe, Egg Pakora Recipe, Egg Bonda
- 1 cup chick pea flour besan
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp green chillies very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped or ginger paste
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp rice flour optional
- 2 boiled eggs
- Firstly, boil eggs in water for about ten to fifteen minutes, remove the shell and put it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan(chick pea flour), rice flour, add salt, add red chilli powder, add turmeric powder.
- Add baking soda, add ginger paste, add green chillies, add coriander leaves.
- Mix the whole mixture well.
- Add water and keep mixing it well.
- Mix until a smooth batter is formed which is neither too thick nor thin nor runny.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Take boiled egg, dip it into the batter, coat it well on all sides.
- Drop the egg dumpling into the oil.
- Continue the same with other eggs.
- Fry it on sim to medium flame until the dumplings turn golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the egg dumpling from the oil.
- Place it on a tissue paper.
- Divide the egg pakoda into two halves.
- Sprinkle dry spices such as salt or red chilli powder over the egg.
- Serve hot with a ketchup or sauce.
2.Egg fritters may contain slight water content inside the egg, therefore it is better to stay at a distance and deep fry.