Egg pulao recipe or the anda pulao is a special variety egg rice recipe usually made with aromatic spices in egg and rice and is one of the simplest one pot egg recipes…
It is made using boiling eggs and looks appealing and a great option to make during lunch or dinner and can be made quickly without any difficulty.
What is Egg Pulao?
Pulao in India is a rice recipe made in aromatic spices and the rice tastes flavorful and not simple. There are various pulao recipes that are usually made in India and every pulao delicacy is just tasty and yummy.
The pulao recipes that are usually made range from bagara rice, veg pulao recipes which are usually made by using any vegetable, pulao can also be made using chicken, mutton, fish , prawn etc…
In this recipe, I have a spicy flavorful pulao by adding boiled eggs into it and it tastes just amazing. I have used fried onions, tomatoes, yogurt and basmati rice to get the flavor of boiled eggs in the right way.
Why to have eggs in diet?
Eggs are a healthy source of diet to a human body and one should add eggs into their diet in any form such as making egg salad, egg sandwich with brown bread, boiled eggs or in any form.
Eggs are a rich source of calcium, protein and they are good for good vision as well.
They should be included in our diet at least thrice a week as they help in building the body.
Eggs that are obtained naturally are more healthier than obtained through artificial manner…. Try to include healthy eggs to get better results.
What makes this recipe different?
I suggest to try this recipe out as it has every flavor included in it which a perfect pulao should consist of.
Here, I have made it as a one pot delicacy with spicy flavors. It takes golden brown onions which definitely lifts up the rice flavors, it has tomatoes and yogurt which give a slight balanced tangy touch as well as makes the pulao flavorful with dry spices such as salt and chilli powder.
The main and most important flavor of pulao comes out is only because of the aromatic whole spices and always make sure to add fresh whole spices which are the main ingredients to make any pulao.
The second main ingredient that makes a pulao flavorful are the onions which only give out perfect aroma is only when they are turned brown .
On the whole every ingredient gives out its own flavor and making a pulao in a single pot without involving too many steps makes the recipe quite simple.
Side dish for egg pulao:
The best part of this anda pulao recipe is that it can be made as a special lunch or dinner recipe and does not require any special side dish if one is running out of ingredients at home.
Just making a quick raita by mixing curd with salt, onions and herbs makes a delicious accompaniment that can be eaten with the pulao recipe.
It tastes best with simple chutney recipes too such as tamatar ki chutney, onion tomato chutney etc…
Do try out this simple pulao recipe and also a video too would be posted soon to understand the recipe and make it more helpful.
How to make egg pulao or anda pulao:
egg pulao recipe, anda pulao
- 600 gms/ 4 cups basmati rice
- 4-5 eggs boiled
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves/ loung
- 2 cardamoms/ elaichi - 2
- 1 tsp caraway seeds/ shahizeera
- 1 cinnamon stick/ dalchini
- 1 bay leaf/ tej patta
- 2 medium size onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium size tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 4 slit green chillies
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp beaten yogurt/ dahi
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/ haldi
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon extracted juice
- Boil eggs in a sauce pan.
- Cool the eggs and peel them.
- Set them aside for later use.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for about 30 minutes.
- Firstly, take a cooking pot, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add whole garam masala such as cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon stick, shahizeera, bay leaf and saute for few seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and saute them well.
- Cook the onions until they turn slight golden brown color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute them for few minutes on low flame to get rid of the raw flame.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook them until they turn soft.
- Add the mint leaves, coriander leaves, slit green chillies and mix well.
- Add beaten yogurt into it, add dry spices such as salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Give a mix.
- Cook the masala until oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add the peeled boiled eggs into the masala, mix delicately and cook the eggs for about 5 minutes.
- Add 8 cups water if 4 cups of rice is being used.
- Add lemon extract into the water, check for salt and add if required.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice into the boiling water and mix well.
- Allow the rice to cook without covering the lid on medium flame.
- Give a stir in between.
- When the water starts getting absorbed, reduce the flame.
- Cover the lid of the cooking pot.
- Place a tawa beneath the cooking vessel in order to avoid the rice burning at the bottom.
- Cook on low flame until the rice is completely done and cooked well.
- Switch off the flame.
- Egg pulao is ready.
- Serve hot with raita.
Making quick raita:
- Add 1/2 cup beaten yogurt into a bowl.
- Add salt, a pinch of ginger garlic paste, mix well.
- Add very finely chopped onions.
- Add finely chopped mint leaves, finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Serve hot egg pulao with raita.
- The quantity of the rice to water here should be 1:2 that is if 1 cup rice is added then 2 cups of water is required if making pulao in a slow cooking method.
- If making egg pulao in pressure cooker, then just add 1.5 cup of water to 1 cup of rice and pressure cook for two whistles...
Leave out your comments and queries below in the comment box and we would be glad to help you out with any query related to this recipe…