Veg fried rice or vegetable fried rice is a Chinese style of rice dish where rice is fried well along with vegetables in some Chinese sauces. Today in this post I am happy to share with my viewers a special and very popular rice delicacy along with a video below sauteed in some vegetables, spices and sauces.
There are many more rice recipes on the blog in vegetarian section and they are veg pulao, tomato rice, tomato bath etc...
There are many more fried rice recipes that could be tried from this blog and which also give a restaurant style of taste and something that can be tried at home and yet get restaurant kind of taste. The recipes are egg fried rice, chicken fried rice etc... and many more would be included to this list.
This is a very simple and easy way of making quick rice recipes. To make this rice we can make use or ordinary rice or basmati rice or you can also make it using left over rice.
Vegetable fried rice as the name itself says it all that the rice is fried well with vegetables.
There is no particular rule to use fixed vegetables. We can use any kind of veggies like carrots, beans, spring onins, capsicum, cabbage, paneer cubes, frozen peas etc...
Add in those veggies that you like to eat in fried rice. It is the most simplest recipe of all rice recipes and can be made in a couple of minutes.
It can be packed for lunch box or it is a great recipe for kids lunch box. I have many recipes which are made using rice and can be made instantly in the morning if one is looking for special rice recipes that could be made quickly and which can be packed for their lunch or tiffins.
This is an interesting and a different rice recipe made in chinese style. The main technique in making these kind of fried rice recipes are nothing but sauces. We have to make use of sauces which give a pleasant and amazing flavors to the rice.
Fried rice recipes are all about sauces and the main sauces used here are red chilli sauce and soya sauce. We can also use additional sauces but these sauces are more than enough to get the perfect fried rice taste and aroma.
Fried rice is great as lunch box recipes or it can be used as evening recipes for someone who is hungry and looking for quick recipes.
We can also make it using left over rice and it is a wonderful recipe for both vegetarians and non vegetarians as it really tastes yum.
Below is the recipe card on how to make this delicious veg fried rice recipe.
Veg fried rice video below:
How to make veg fried rice recipe:
veg fried rice recipe, vegetable fried rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup carrot peeled and very very finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage very finely shredded
- ½ cup green capsicum finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onion bulbs finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onion green finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice approx 300 gms
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
Cook the rice:
- Firstly, take 1 cup of rice, wash it well, add 2 cups of water and cook it until the rice is cooked well.
- Take the rice out and spread it so that it does not stick to each other and get soggy.
- Keep it aside for later use.
Making of vegetable fried rice:
- Take a wok, add 1 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Add finely chopped carrots, finely shredded cabbage, saute for few minutes.
- Add finely chopped green capsicum, spring onion bulbs chopped, spring onion greens chopped.
- Saute all the veggies for few minutes.
- Add cooked rice, mix well.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, white pepper powder, mix well and keep sauteing for few minutes.
- Add a teaspoon full of vinegar, mix and saute for few more minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve the veg fried rice in a plate.
2. If basmati rice is not available, then one can also make use of ordinary rice or one can also use left over rice and enjoy this delicious recipe.
3. If we have additional veggies like yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, you can even add those into this fried rice.