Eggless chocolate cake is a vegetarian version of making a cake. It is a basic chocolate sponge cake made without eggs. It is made without an oven and the cooking vessel that I have used for baking this cake is a pressure cooker.
There are many such cooker cake recipes or without oven cake recipes such as cooker cake , chocolate cake in cooker, rava cake, vanilla sponge cake, eggless vanilla cake, plum cake etc...
Here I have used condensed milk in place of eggs and it is also preferable by most of us as there are no eggs and there is no smell of eggs in it.
Most of my you tube channel viewers have requested me to show a cake without using eggs and I could now post this eggless recipe after such a long time.
This eggless cake recipe is shown here with the help of a video procedure and it is indeed a simple and an easy cake recipe made with simple cake ingredients and also can be easily available at home.
Eggless cakes are common as most of them do not prefer to use eggs as its quite difficult to use eggs as they give a raw smell if they are not baked well.
Making eggless chocolate cake is not a difficult task and here I have even more simplified the procedure of making a cake by baking it in pressure cooker without oven.
One main thing to remember while baking a cake in pressure cooker is never use a whistle for the cake to be baked well.
Things to be remembered well in making a cake in pressure cooker or cooking vessel:
1.If pressure cooker is used, then always use a salt or sand at the base.
2.Never use a whistle while baking the cake.
3.If salt and sand is not available then, a stand too can act as a medium between the cooker and the cake pan.
Below is the recipe on how to make eggless chocolate cake recipe without oven.
The cake recipes which I have posted so far are very basic and simple sponge cakes with different flavors and hope to add more cake recipes in future with icing and frosting and with lots of decorations.
Eggless chocolate cake video procedure:
Eggless chocolate cake recipe:
eggless chocolate cake recipe, pressure cooker without oven
For the eggless cake batter:
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For greasing and flouring the cake pan:
- a cake pan
- some melted butter
- some maida flour
Pre heating the cooker:
- Take a pressure cooker, add some salt at the base and spread it evenly all over the base.
- Cover the cooker with a lid.
- Preheat the cooker for about 10 minutes on low flame.
Greasing the cake pan:
- Take a cake pan, grease the cake pan with some butter all over the pan at the sides and edges.
- Take some flour and spread the flour all over the pan.
- Place the greased and floured pan aside.
Making the cake batter:
- Take a bowl, add condensed milk, add oil and mix the batter well.
- Add powdered sugar, maida/all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- Gradually add milk and mix the batter well without any lumps.
- Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- The batter should be of milkmaid consistency.
- Take the greased and floured cake pan.
- Pour the cake batter from the centre.
- Tap the cake pan slightly.
- Open the cooker lid.
- Place the cake pan inside the cooker.
- Cover it with the cooker lid.
- Do not put any whistle.
- Bake the cake for about 70 minutes on low flame.
- Take a tooth pick and insert into the cake.
- If the cake comes out clean, cake is done well, else bake the cake for few more minutes and do a tooth pick test.
- Switch off the flame.
- Take the cake pan out and allow it to cool down for few minutes.
- Run a knife at the sides and at the edges.
- Invert the pan, pat the pan slightly.
- Carefully lift the pan and be careful while taking the cake out.
2.There are many chocolate spreads that are readily available in super markets. One can even opt for those ready made chocolate spreads to apply all over the cake.
Agness of Run Agness Run
This is a very easy, palatable and mouth-watering cake recipe which I am preparing as soon as possible. What kind of milk do you usually use? Can I use coconut milk?
I use normal milk and I suggest not to use coconut milk if you want to keep its original taste intact...Hope you love baking the cake and having it...
My kids just love to eat Cakes mainly chocolate cake. Whenever they ask me i just order online and they will enjoy eating. After reading this article i feel i can give it a try so that this time i can make it on my own and surprise them. Thank you so much for the recipe
Hope you love making many more chocolate cakes and do try other cake recipes too from my blog...
Kya hum condense milk ki jagha milk maid use kr sakte hah or coco powder ki jgha bornvita plz mam rply for my comment
haan u can add milkmaid and in fact milkmaid is known as condensed milk. Yes, u can replace cocoa with any of the chocolate flavor powders available like boost, bournvita etc...
But if you will add 2 cups of milk, its consistensy will not remain as required.
Take small cup measurement and if the batter is too thick the cake turns a bit hard...
Can I use plain milk instead of condensed milk?
yes you can but, for the sweetness you can opt powdered sugar...
Can I make this cake in an oven?
yes it can be made...
I tried this cake recipe and added 1 cup milk and it was too much. As a result, my cake did not rise. I would suggest using only 1/2 cup milk and definitely not 2 cups as mentioned in the ingredients.
rising of the cake does not depend on milk and it depends on baking powder and baking soda if added to the batter...The cup I used was a bit small so in that case I mentioned 2...If the cup is large then we can use 3/4th to 1 cup milk...