Namak pare or namak paare or namak paray is a quick snack recipe that is usually a common snack item in our households. Namak pare or namak para is basically made using maida usually called all-purpose flour and into it is also added semolina(sooji) which would give the snack dish a slight crispy flavour...
Namak Paare and shankarpali are definitely a good to go indian snacks item along with tea...
Other quick snacks recipes are chicken samosa, maggi noodles etc..
The snack recipe is very namkeen that is a salty one and an amazing recipe that is usually made during occasions such as diwali in north india.
There are many snack recipes that are made for diwali and this is one among them. I would love to include many snack recipes which are salty and sweet and that are perfect for occasions...
If one does not get what namak paray are then diamond cuts is the word that can be given to this quick snack recipe. I just like the bite that the snack gives us. The ingredients that go into making namak pare are so common and are actually very few ingredients.
Indians are carzy for snack recipes and there are thousands of snack recipes from scrumptious to healthy and are loved by everyone.
This recipe does not require a lot of time and can be made easily as the dough needs to be rolled like a chapathi and needs to be cut into diamond shape with the help of a knife or a cutter.
So glad to share snack recipes for my viewers which are quick in making and tasty too.
Variation to the recipe:
Here I have added sooji/semolina but it can be skipped and just made using maida, ajwain, salt, ghee and water to get a crunchy texture and great taste.
Below are the recipe details on how to make namak pare recipe...
How to make namak pare recipe below:
Namak Pare Recipe or Namak Paray, Diamond Cuts Recipe
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour maida
- 1 tablespoon semolina sooji/rava
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds
- salt - to taste
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter ghee
- water to knead the dough
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour, add sooji, add carom seeds and mix well.
- Add salt and mix.
- Into it add ghee and mix with the flour well.
- Add little water gradually and as required and knead into a thick dough.
- Set it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix the dough again to get smooth texture.
- Take a medium size portion of the dough.
- Make a round ball.
- Dust some flour on rolling board.
- Roll out the dough like a thin chapathi.
- Cut the roti into diamond shapes small or large diamonds using knife or cutter.
- Heat oil in wok to deep fry.
- Put the diamond cuts into the oil.
- Fry them until they turn slight yellow color on medium to low heat.
- Remove them from oil and place them on a tissue paper.
- Serve them with tea.
2.Semolina ingredient can be skipped and made as plain namkeen maida snack.
My favorite. Looks so crispy and perfect. I can finish off in no time 🙂