Tomato Chicken Curry Recipe is a chicken curry made with lots of tomatoes and onions. It is a gravy recipe with a spicy touch to the chicken curry. This dish is perfect for rainy season or winter season as the curry gives a spicy flavor of the black peppercorns.
Related Chicken Curries :
My mom would usually make this recipe during childhood as the dish was very simple and quick and yet very tasty.
Whenever we would be hungry and willing to eat something special then my Mom would make us this wonderful spicy recipe and is one of my all time favorite chicken dishes.
Chicken is one such non vegetarian dish which everyone can eat it without health worries such as diabetic patients etc... But the intake should be very limited.
In this tomato chicken curry I have added onions and tomatoes with some spices and is a must try dish. The chicken curries in my blog are awesome and have been made in different types such as gravy curries and kormas.
The color of the chicken curry is red and is very appealing dish to eat. The chicken should be simply cooked in spices to get such a wonderful red color and the color is more dark depending on the blackpepper that is added.
If a spicy curry is preferred then adding pepper powder can be considered else one can give this ingredient a miss and yet turn a wonderful curry. Below is a quick and easy and instant recipe of chicken curry which is mouth watering.
Detailed recipe instructions on Onion Tomato Chicken Curry Recipe:
Onion Tomato Chicken Curry Gravy Recipe
- 750 gms chicken washed cleaned and cut into pieces
- 3-4 onions finely sliced
- 4-5 to matoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a cooking vessel, add oil and heat it.
- Add cinnamon stick and saute.
- Add sliced onions and cook till they get soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well to get rid of raw smell.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and roast them well for few minutes.
- Add salt , red chilli powder,turmeric powder, coriander powder, mix everything well.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken for about ten minutes.
- Remove the lid, add black pepper powder, add fresh coriander leaves, mix and cook the chicken until the chicken gets tender.
- Add garam masala powder(optional).
- Serve hot with roti or rice...
Video recipe on Tomato Chicken Curry :
I worked for a doctor from Pakistan and his mother from India taught me how to make this. I used to make this years ago but I lost my recipe in a house fire. This is exactly like I remember...GLORIOUS!!