Rava uttapam is another interesting Rava pancake recipe that is made very instantly and it is a very healthy breakfast recipe that can be served with any dosa chutney or idli chutney. The recipe is shared along with a video procedure below.
Other idli dosa recipes or Indian breakfast recipes include egg dosa, masala dosa, rava dosa, oats dosa and do check out idli batter and dosa batter to make different idli or dosa recipes.
Uttapams are similar to dosa recipes but the difference in making uttapam and dosa is nothing but the thickness.
To make uttapam, the batter is spread in circular motion and it is spread thickly and to make dosa, the batter is spread very thin just like a paper form.
In making uttapam, we use different toppings of vegetable mixture and mainly the topping consists of chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, finely grated carrots etc...
To make any uttpam, the topping is the same. Here, this is not an ordinary uttapam, but this uttapam is made out of sooji/rava.
The batter is made instantly and the uttapams have turned out absolutely delicious.
I have made it for the first time and have really liked this instant breakfast recipe which is suitable for kids as well as young who are in a hurry to go to schools and offices.
This instant breakfast idea is healthy as well as quick to make.
The batter to be made is quite simple and all the ingredients required to make this instant rava uttapam batter are very simple and basic.
However, the main ingredients to make instant rava uttapam are yogurt and rava. These two give a very delicious taste to the uttapam.
The batter made here is with the help of rava, yogurt, salt, baking soda and some water.
The batter should not be too thin and thin batter is required to make rava dosa but to make rava uttapam, the batter has to be thick.
I would like to add many more uttapam recipes and dosa recipes and among them would like to also post their instant and quick versions.
rava uttapam recipe, instant rava uttapam | suji uttapam
For rava uttapam batter:
- 1 cup rava/suji/semolina
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- salt as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
For the topping:
- ½ cup very finely chopped onions
- ½ cup very finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon very finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup very finely chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- salt to sprinkle on the topping
- oil for smearing or applying on the dosa
Making of rava uttapam batter:
- Firstly, take a bowl, add rava, yogurt, salt, baking soda, water, mix all the ingredients well with a hand whisker.
- Mix the batter without lumps and make sure the batter is not thin and it has to be slightly thick.
- Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
Making of rava uttapam:
- Mix the batter well again.
- Take a griddle or a tawa, heat it.
- Brush oil all over the tawa.
- Take an onion slice and wipe all over the tawa.
- Take a ladle full of rava uttapam batter and drop it at the centre and spread in circular motion until we get a small round pancake.
- Add finely chopped onions all over the uttapam.
- Add chopped tomatoes all over the uttapam.
- Spread chopped coriander leaves all over the uttapam.
- Similarly add grated carrots all over the uttapam.
- Also add very finely chopped green chillies too but can be skipped if one is making it for kids.
- Sprinkle salt accordingly on the vegetable topping.
- Smear oil around the corners of uttapam and all over on the uttapam.
- Cook the down side for about 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Flip the uttapam very carefully and cook the other side too for a minute.
- Flip again and cook for few seconds.
- Take the uttapam out on a plate.
- Continue making rest of the uttapams in a similar manner.
- Serve the uttapam with idli or dosa chutney.
2. Always while making uttapam, the size of the uttapam should be maintained very small and thick.
3. Topping quantity can be increased or decreased as per one's choice.
4. Less topping or more topping can be adjusted as per our own desire.
5. If uttapam is being made for kids, then try to avoid chopped green chillies as they may be too hot for them to eat.
6. Allowing the batter to rest for few minutes help in getting perfect uttapams and therefore if one has time to let the batter sit for few minutes, it is a better option to obtain tasty uttapams.
Leave a Reply