Chicken cutlets shared here along with a video recipe is a wonderful snack recipe best suitable as an iftar snack recipe during the month of ramadan.
As the month of ramazan is going on I thought of sharing this delicious cutlet recipe made with boneless chicken and boiled potatoes.
These chicken cutlets are also referred to as chicken patties or chicken tikki.
Cutlet recipes are a favorite amongst everyone and I would love to try out other cutlet recipes made using vegetables and potatoes too.
But since ramadan month is going on I thought of sharing some non veg recipes which are highly requested during this time…
Here the chicken is boiled and mixed with boiled mashed potatoes along with some herbs and spices which gives a delcious taste to the cutlet.
These chicken cutlets are made into a round shape, then dipped in egg wash and coated with breadcrumbs and shallow fried/deep fried. These chicken cutlets taste best by eating them plain or by having them along with ketchup.
These chicken cutlets are actually quite popular in kerala and I am sure after making these cutlets they are surely going to become everyone’s all time favorite.
The chicken cutlet can be made into any shape such as round, oval or heart shape and then the cutlets are dipped in eggwash for a perfect binding. If the binding is not right they tend to break while frying.
Below are the recipe details with written procedure and also along with the video.
Video procedure for chicken cutlets:
How to make chicken cutlets ramazan special:
- 250 gms boneless chicken
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt - to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chillies
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt - to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 3 potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs beaten with a pinch of salt
- bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- In a pressure cooker, add the boneless chicken, salt to taste, turmeric powder, water, mix well.
- Pressure cook this chicken until chicken turns tender.
- Reduce the steam.
- Take the chicken pieces out in a bowl.
- Cool the chicken down.
- Shred the chicken and rest aside for later use.
- In a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it, add finely chopped onions, add finely chopped green chillies, cook the onions until they turn soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add the shredded chicken, mix up well and saute for a minute.
- Add dry spices such as salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves, mix up well and cook for a minute.
- Into it add boiled and mashed potatoes, mash the whole mixture well using a masher.
- Mix the whole mixture well.
- Cool the mixture.
- The cutlet mixture is ready to be shaped.
- Take a portion of the chicken cutlet mixture.
- Make them into round shape or oval shape.
- Dip the chicken cutlets in the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken cutlets with bread crumbs.
- Continue making chicken cutlets of the remaining mixture.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- Drop the cutlets in oil, shallow fry them until they turn golden red from both the sides.
- Take them out from oil and place on a tissue paper.
- Chicken cutlets are ready to be served.
- Serve them with ketchup or tomato sauce.
- Watch the video procedure above.
2.Always shallow fry or deep fry on low flame.