Chicken do pyaza is basically a very popular recipe among muslims. It is basically made with chicken and two varieties of onions are added into the chicken curry.
The name itself dopiaza defines that onions are added in two ways. One is I have finely chopped the onion and the other way is I have cut the onion into cubes.
It is a very simple chicken curry recipe and I it does not need too many ingredients. It just needs chicken, onions cut in two ways, tomatoes, some spices and herbs.
It is also a very popular recipe in Bengali cuisine too. Chicken do pyaza and mutton do pyaza are the most preferred varieties in dopiaza recipes.
If one is a vegetarian, we can make dopiaza with bhindi, paneer or any other vegetable.
Its a very easy recipe and can be made without any difficulty.
This recipe goes well with roti, rice or any pulao recipe. Chicken is an ingredient with which we can make many many varieties of chicken recipes.
I would love to make many ways of chicken varieties as I keep blogging on different recipes.
Chicken does not take much time to get cooked and it is one of the easiest recipes to be made with home made ingredients.
Hope my viewers love this chicken dish, make it and enjoy with your family members. Do give us your feedback on this recipe and don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
Below are the recipe details shared on how to make chicken do pyaza.
Video procedure for murgh do pyaza:
Chicken do pyaza recipe:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 small cinnamon sticks and 2 cloves
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ kg chicken cleaned and washed well
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp coriander seeds powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- In a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Add whole garam masala such as cinnamon sticks and cloves into it.
- Add chopped onions and saute for a while.
- Add green chillies, salt, mix and cook until the onions turn slight golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add chicken and roast the chicken until color changes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix and cook the chicken for about 10 minutes until the masala is cooked well or until oil leaves the sides.
- Add tomatoes, mix and cook them for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, mix and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add onion cubes, coriander leaves, mix and cook for 10 more minutes or until chicken turned soft.
- Chicken do pyaza is done.
- It can be served with roti or rice.
2.Do not pressure cook the chicken as slow cooking tastes good.