Chicken kebab, a kabab recipe where the boneless chicken pieces are marinated in basic spices and deep-fried in edible oil. Also, check out other chicken recipes from the blog which range from starter recipes to main meals...
How to make the chicken soft and tender:
Chicken after deep frying turns out hard sometimes, therefore it should be marinated well and also make it even softer egg has to be added which gives a good flavour and texture to the chicken.
Here, I have deep-fried to make the chicken kabab but one can also insert the chicken pieces in a skewer or kabab sticks and can slow cook them using the barbecue method or using a pan method on the stovetop.
Chicken is the best non-vegetarian ingredient that can be used to make any kind of chicken dish ranging from starter to the main course to curry recipes and even rice recipes that can be mixed with chicken such as chicken biryani in cooker, chicken biryani recipe, dum biryani, chicken pulao etc...
How to serve this starter?
This particular chicken starter can be eaten plain with the help of any dip or mayonnaise or can be served with any main course dishes as an accompaniment such as it tastes good with plain curries or tastes good with dal recipes as well.
It goes well with dal recipes such as khatti dal, masoor dal, plain dal or even Pappu recipes or as evening snacks.
Is it necessary to add color?
Color is added to this chicken kebab recipe but it is not really recommended as using food colours is slightly harmful and are not suggested as they cause negative effects to the human body.
However, such substances are added as they give an amazing look, colour and look quite appealing while presenting the dish.
I have added the colour in very few quantities and I suggest that the food colour can be added as per requirement and as per the depth of the colour preferred.
A video has been added below to make this recipe even more understanding and to help in making procedure.
Other stuff to know about chicken
The chicken is always said to be made or eaten less as it is said to be sold in more quantities by injecting and multiplying them.
Chicken when used should always be a poultry chicken and not broiler chicken as poultry or desi chicken is said to be healthy and contains lots of proteins.
Health benefits of chicken:
Chicken mainly poultry chicken is good for health as it helps in building muscles and building the body.
How to store chicken?
Chicken should always be frozen in refrigerator. It should basically be consumed fresh and should be stored only when required and is best when consumed fresh.
Chicken is one such non-vegetarian stuff that is often asked for in restaurants, hotels and also in several occasions such as weddings and food stalls.
Chicken tastes good if made in any manner and it can be tenderized in just a few minutes, unlike mutton which takes time to get tender and soft.
Check out the chicken kabab below with step by step procedure and video method as well...
chicken kebab recipe | chicken kabab
- 200 gms boneless chicken
- salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon kali mirch powder (black pepper powder)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- ½ teaspoon red food color
- 1 egg both white and the yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- oil for deep frying (any edible oil)
- onion rings
- freshly chopped coriander leaves
- lemon wedges
Step 1 (Washing):
- Firstly, wash the boneless chicken pieces well and strain the chicken until there is no water left in the chicken.
Step 2 (Marinating):
- Take a mixing bowl, add the boneless chicken pieces, add salt to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, kali mirch powder, corn flour and give a mix.
- Add beaten yogurt, red food color, 1 egg, mix everything well, add lemon extracted juice, mix well.
- Mix everything well with a spatula or with clean hands.
- Cover and marinate the chicken in refrigerator for at least an hour.
Step 3 (Deep frying):
- Take a wok, add enough oil for deep frying.
- Drop the marinated chicken pieces carefully into the oil one by one and fry them in batches.
- Deep fry them on medium to low flame by stirring the pieces in between.
- Deep fry for about 10-12 minutes until the chicken gets soft and tender.
- Take the chicken pieces out and place them on an absorbent paper.
- Continue frying the rest of the marinated chicken in second batch and take them out.
- Garnish the chicken pieces with onion rings, lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with dips.
- To make the kababs, the pieces can be slow cooked on skewers by placing them on a bbq.
- The marination is mandatory to let the chicken absorb all the spice flavors.
- One can even slow cook these pieces on a pan by adding some oil/butter until the pieces get tender.
- Stove top method is suggested for those who prefer making recipes using less oil
- Garam masala powder used here is homemade but when not available, store bought garam masala can be substituted.
- Homemade masalas give a lot more better taste than store bought one's.
- Always use a non stick wok for deep frying in order to avoid the masala sticking to the base of the kadai/wok.
Do leave us your comments and suggestions on this recipe and do visit our you tube channel for more recipes and videos...