Chicken liver fry is a quick non vegetarian recipe made using the liver of chicken. It is stir fried in some spices and the liver can be eaten plain or as a starter.
I have also shared the video version of the recipe below to make the fry process to be understood in a clear manner.
I have already made mutton liver which is pressure cooked with few spices but this chicken liver fry is just pan fried…
Also check out some more recipes below:
- chicken recipes collection indian style
- mutton recipes collection
- chicken 65
- chicken pakoda
- hyderabadi chicken biryani
- chicken fried rice
- how to make chilli chicken
- tomato chicken curry
Liver is very soft and tender therefore, the more it is cooked the harder it gets. The chicken liver should not be sauteed and cooked for more than 10-15 minutes…
I have pan fried the chicken liver which is cooked well with spices and it gets tender within few minutes. This is the quickest non veg dish which does not even require marination…
It can be stir fried with many variations but, here I have made it quite simpler and yet it tastes the best…
Here I have sauteed using onions and few spices… The main ingredient of the recipe is black pepper as it lifts up the flavors of the recipe perfectly…However I did not add garam masala powder but, it can be added if one wishes to.
I always prefer adding black pepper corn powder while cooking liver of either mutton or chicken…Liver always tastes best as a stir fried dish rather than a curry.
It can be eaten plain or can be served as a side dish with steamed rice.
Below are the instruction details on how to make liver fry along with video procedure.
Video for chicken liver fry recipe:
How to make chicken liver:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium size onions finely sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 250 gms chicken liver pieces(cleaned and washed)
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilii powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ tsp black pepper corn powder
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, in a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add sliced onions and saute till sligh pinkish.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add chicken liver pieces and saute until color of liver changes.
- Add salt as per requirement.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, black pepper corn powder,mix well.
- Saute for few minutes on medium flame.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame by covering the lid.
- Remove the lid, stir well and cook for another for 4-5 minutes while stirring in between on low flame.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and cook for a minute.
- Chicken liver fry is ready to be served!!!