Jeera Aloo Recipe is an aloo recipe which is boiled and diced and sauteed in a tempering with the flavors of cumin seeds and cumin powder/jeera powder and also few other spices.
Related aloo recipes or indian vegetarian recipes:
This aloo recipe is healthy as the potatoes/aloo are boiled and not fried. The jeera aloo recipe is quite simple and easy and does not require lots of hard work.
This simple recipe can be made in a while and does not require many ingredients and it just needs few basic ingredients which are easily available in indian kitchens.
This is basically a north indian or a punjabi dish which is usually eaten with roti or it can be taken as a side dish along with dal and rice.
Aloo is a vegetable which is usually liked by all age groups and this wonder vegetable can be used to make various kinds of recipes and in every form.
There are many varieties of side dishes that can be used to make using this veggie and every recipe tried out would turn out amazing and tasty.
Jeera aloo recipe is a punjabi side dish but this simple recipe can be tried out in various ways by adding spices of our own choice and mainly giving the jeera flavor to it.
Below are the detailed instructions on how to make this simple recipe of aloo with jeera powder flavor.
How to make jeera aloo recipe:
- 4-5 medium size aloo/potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 slit green chillies
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- salt - to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, take a pressure cooker, into it, add aloo/potatoes, add water enough to dip the potatoes.
- Add some salt.
- Pressure cook the potatoes/aloo until they get soft or for about 5-6 whistles on high flame.
- Reduce the steam.
- Take the potatoes and remove the peel of the boiled potatoes.
- Dice the potatoes using a knife.
- Rest the diced potatoes aside.
- Take a wok, into it, add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Add slit green chillies into it.
- Reduce the flame.
- Add roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Add roasted coriander seeds powder and mix.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and stir the mixture well.
- Add in the diced potatoes which were kept aside.
- Keep tossing the wok until the diced aloo gets coated well with all the spice mixture.
- Cook for one or two minutes.
- Lastly add in some freshly chopped coriander leaves and toss them again.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.